cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 91 of 331

Re: Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

_________________________________________________________________________________________--_

Galifrey1965-  Trion have said their change has made this happen.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Perhaps they should change it back!!!!!!!!!!!, As reagrds to my age it aint me having tantrum!!!! over a game.Smiley Wink

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
Beda
Beginner
Message 92 of 331

Same problem, as soon as it hits the evening, the game is not playable 😞

0 Ratings
Shazzy
Aspiring Expert
Message 93 of 331

With all due respect, NilSatisOptimum you arn't able to help with this issue as it's between BT and Trion, so getting all worked up because us gamers are complaining about something you're not interested in and not being constructive into the process is not helping.  The whole point of this thread is to get the mods to notice and hopefully work something out.

Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 94 of 331

They changed it away from a different port range that universities and colleges block, BT is THE ONLY provider that blocks this range and the only ISP in the world causing issues... so yes must be Trions fault (no it is their problem tho as they care about customers).

So no, they can't change it back, they have to at great expense find another solution as due to one ISP, perhaps BT should stop being so backward in everything they do?

I am not having a tantrum, I have had nothing but lies and problems with BT since they tied me into a 12m contract 3months ago I cannot get out of, this however, may give me an exit as unfit for purpose, just like their router "homehub" which won't work properly with intel network adaptors once it gets a few updates.

Just because their change made this happen does not make it their fault they are using a lejitimate port range, but I guess you cannot see that, as clearly you are dearly in love with BT, Shazzy speaks the truth.

0 Ratings
Mercutio
Beginner
Message 95 of 331

I am also having this problem, I don't expect to pay for the most expensive BT package to be throttled when doing something as simple as playing an on-line game.

If this issue is not resolved by tomorrow i will be cancelling my account with BT.

I tried calling support to explain the problem but the Indian call centre insist there is no throttling policy, despite it being in BT's user agreement, which doesn't fill me with confidence.

sneakey
Message 96 of 331

Re: Rift and ports restricted by BT Broadband

same here the game unplayerble due to high lat between 6-11 pm

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 97 of 331

Read message 68 on this thread this is stated by the rift team
"This is not a BT problem.. It is a Trion issue" which they have now admitted.
RushFan73
Aspiring Contributor
Message 98 of 331

Ya I hope the fix it soon!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 99 of 331

shout at trion not bt they have admitted its there fault
zelot202
Message 100 of 331

same problem here 56k+ ping from 6pm ish onwords please BT fix this asap i have been with you for 6+ years and i realy dont want to look for another isp but that dosent mean i WONT start looking.

and as i have already got the game and its registerd with Rift wich means if this isnt fixed very quickly my 30days time will start ticking down and if its becouse of BT and not Rift servers i will be asking BT for another time code