Message 311 of 331

Re: Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

Yup, seemingly the good old/bad old days are back 😞

0 Ratings
roetetoet
Contributor
Message 312 of 331

Wierd thing is that i am on 6mbit atm even, that is for me a amazing speed here.

The lag spikes are back as in beta and making it unplayable. According to the forum topic on rift forums it only happens to BT users so someone put off the switch again.

Would be nice to get a answer what is happening as well a lost night of raiding and many BT users have invested in this game alot.

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 313 of 331

According to the rift forums there are many ISPs having issues!

Oplus-Aus, Iprimus Aus, Netvision -ISR,Dezea –ISR, Direct Path- USA, VM- UK, Orange UK- Sp- Fr, Plusnet Uk, 02  -UK, TPAS –Pld, C Telecom- Ch, PLD –CH, True Internet- Tha, Tment- Mal, Som –Andorra, Hinro  - S Korea, Sk  Telecom  S Korea, Bell Alint –Can, Shaw- Can, Ya.com SP, Telepfonica –BR, Elisa – Fin, Tele 2  -Hol, Upc – RI

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
roetetoet
Contributor
Message 314 of 331

http://forums.riftgame.com/forumdisplay.php?64-Tech-Support

uhm yeah ? BT fanboy? I do not see many tbh

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 315 of 331

Strange comment, Fan boy (only see what you want to see!) Mmmmm!  However the list does comes from rift forums. It is a point of fact that the problem is far wider than just BT!

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
InsideOut
Message 316 of 331

Seems this is a problem with more than just rift:/ My friend and I are also experiencing high latency on rift, he is in Wales and I am in Scotland.
0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 317 of 331

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthread.php?171030-Massive-Lag-Tonight

Its all BT customers, same with WoW another MMO and also ALL BT customers.

I see you are gonna blindly defend and be wrong again NilSatis, well keep going.

I am suffering also on Global Agenda, so I am guessing the issue is the network as a whole this time, not just port throttling.

0 Ratings
roetetoet
Contributor
Message 318 of 331

@NilSatisOptimum wrote:

Strange comment, Fan boy (only see what you want to see!) Mmmmm!  However the list does comes from rift forums. It is a point of fact that the problem is far wider than just BT!

There is one topic up about lag and in that one topic there is 6 pages of BT customers.

If you have nothing useful to at than i suggest you keep spamming your SO called help somewhere else, because seeing your other post it definitely not makes you a expert in any way.

00:52 and no lag, could be because throttling hours are over

0 Ratings
spegler
Beginner
Message 319 of 331

i suspect its probably due to the port throttling/traffic management that BT use (as it was before !)

I was able to use a VPN (which isnt traffic managed in the same way) and run the game over that connection and got no lag at all. Disconnect the VPN and back to throttled ports and bad lag problems.

I find it somewhat annoying that Trion (the RIFT developers) asked BT about specifically which ports they could use that wouldnt be throttled/managed in such a way. The followed BT's advice and repatched the game to use the revised ports and yet again we find ourselves having the same problems caused by BT's overmanaged network policies.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 320 of 331

Greetings all,

We are having a look into this again for you all and will post an update as soon as we know a bit more 🙂

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings