Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
roetetoet
Contributor
Message 321 of 331

Re: Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

@CraigS wrote:

Greetings all,

We are having a look into this again for you all and will post an update as soon as we know a bit more 🙂

Thx

Craig

Thank you for your fast respons Craig, looking for forward to a update.

0 Ratings
Community Manager - Retired
Message 322 of 331

Hi Guys

We've been looking into this issue today and I'd like to share with you some details of what we have been looking at.  We've checked the same things that caused the issue reported back in February and everything is as it should be, so this is not the same issue. 

We have also been checking for packet loss and any traffic drops that could be indicative of a network problem – nothing found.  We have checked the Retail Aggregation network and core/peering connections – nothing found here either.

Some of you may have seen the additional thread mentioning issues with WOW - we have checked with known Gamers on WOW and they currently report no issues across a number of realms using different toons, in fact they report good ping times with little lag.

We will continue network surveillance with specific focus on latency intolerant application.

We have reached out to Trion to establish end to end assurance and we are continuing to work through this now.

Will post any further updates on this thread.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Oronare
Message 323 of 331

"Some of you may have seen the additional thread mentioning issues with WOW - we have checked with known Gamers on WOW and they currently report no issues across a number of realms using different toons, in fact they report good ping times with little lag."

Yeah, right now at off peak times. Wait until it gets to raid time (8 or 9pm and see what their latency is at then (MIne was at 1000+ms last night when all this started with BT throttling the connection.)

0 Ratings
Message 324 of 331

Hi Oronare

Thanks for reply, understand your concern around timing.  As I mentioned above we are continuing network surveillance and will continue to look at this, this evening.

Thx

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

Oronare
Message 325 of 331

I am just making sure, this isn't a new BT policy of traffic shaping p2p is it? and WOW/Rift have been caught in the crossfire?
0 Ratings
Emperorflydd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 326 of 331

Thanks for the reply 🙂 Good to see that you are watching it and helping!

0 Ratings
Message 327 of 331

Hi Oronare

I can confirm that we don't have any new P2P policies.  BT's traffic management policy is clearly stated on our website - look at section B: Network Management for more info.  We understand the interactive MMPROG's are latency dependant and we don't consider them to be P2P.

Thx

Kerry

0 Ratings
ge1971
Aspiring Contributor
Message 328 of 331

Kerry, in light of your comments on traffic management policies;  would you care to comment on this exchange I had with a BT rep on this website three weeks ago:

Paul: Welcome to BT, the most complete broadband provider. My name is Paul.

Paul: Hi XXXXXX

Paul: How may I assist you with your order today?

XXXXXXI'd be very impressed if you're able to answer this, but here goes... Can you provide information on your traffic shaping policies on BT Infinity ? I play a lot of World of Warcraft and some ISPs treat the data packets from the game as P2P file-sharing packets, meaning they get lowest priority and making the game unplayable (O2 do this which is why I'm changing).

Paul: One moment please while I find that information for you.

Paul: We do not slow P2P packets

XXXXXXPerfect, I'm very impressed and will be ordering infinity when I get my MAC key - thank you very much.

...and that's why I signed up the following day.  

Terrific performance for three weeks,  **bleep** awful since yesterday, dozens of people reportin the same problems  ...and you say nothing's changed ?

So... I was lied to in order to get my business and community support appears to involve rolling out company lines which have little, if any relation to what's actually happening.  

Great initial impressions BT, keep up the good work.

...anyone got Ofcom's number?

Man Indifferent

0 Ratings
roetetoet
Contributor
Message 329 of 331

I would like to update that tonight from 19.00 till 23.30 i had no lag, disconnects and eveything was working as intended.

If it changes again, i will let you know.

Thank you very much for the FAST support and concern.

0 Ratings
spar
Aspiring Expert
Message 330 of 331

dont know if these toosl will help u guys

try em and see

http://www.measurementlab.net/measurement-lab-tools

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/

cam across them when reading up on bufferbloat on jim gettys page

http://gettys.wordpress.com/

0 Ratings