cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjwood
Beginner
Message 81 of 331

Re: Problems with BT internet and New MMO game - RIFT

Rift has been fine all day then 6:30 and suddenly 50-80k ms ping..... I seriously hope this breaches my contract as this is unacceptable.
0 Ratings
barrensky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 331

I dont pay Trion for my Broadband service, i pay BT, I dont pay BT to limited the width, or speed of my broadband when im paying a company to send me infomation through it. I pay probably one of the highest costs for my broadband, with a company that claims to be the best, well, at the moment your **bleep**. And incidently, your ripping me off by charging me for a service lvl that you are simply not proviiding. Have you seen the Adverts on the TV, Fast online gaming, my **bleep**.
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 83 of 331

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sambrokyl -This is a poor show BT, you are taking this phobia about P2P to far now. P2P is a proper and genuine method of sharing files these days and not just used by pirates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you will find this is the other way round it has been hijacked by pirates.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Tven0
Contributor
Message 84 of 331

BT throttle the port for Rift from 4pm-Midnight on weekdays and 9am-Midnight on weekends. The game will be unplayable during this time. You might log in for a while, but go anywhere near a rift or lots of players and say hello to Alt + F4.

The only option I see to fixing this is if Rift change the port to something else, i.e - the one they used before.

However, I really don't want to have to go through this every time a new game or legit application comes out. BT need to come back to us on this with a fix, reduction in traffic shaping or a firm stance on policy so we know where to spend our money next time.

0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 85 of 331

oh awesome 7pm and the same old **bleep** again, not trions fault, they will change because BT wont...

0 Ratings
Blackdolphyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 331

Re: Problems with BT Internet and New MMO game - RIFT

Smiley Sad

OMG all I know is I cant play this game; it was fine today until about 18:00.

I wont accept this.

I will change service/broadband provider if this continue - don't matter who's fault it is - I want to play and with BT broadband I can't play.

So either BT gets involve and help us or I am going to Virgin. Just reality.

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 87 of 331

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tven0-The only option I see to fixing this is if Rift change the port to something else, i.e - the one they used before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this has worked fine in previous incarnations, Rift change something and becomes BTs fault.  This all sounds like a fanboy rant!!!!!!!!!. Indeed a very poor accusation.  Perhaps you should get together and form a campaign!!!!!Smiley Wink

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Galifrey1965
Contributor
Message 88 of 331

dammit I rated a retarded reply as good, my bad...

Just because Trion have said their change has made this happen, doesnt change the fact that 6000-6020 is a lejitimate port range used by many other games and applications.

BT's throttling of this port range only is completely rediculous, and I will be changing my provider whether trion fix or not, I have had enough of their ludicrous policies, idiotic call centres who just palm you off from one place to another and out and out lie to you.

I won't form a campaign, I will let my money talk, this is on top of the 3 complaints I have had already since my service started in December, the most unprofessional organisation I have ever dealt with in my 46 years on this planet. I would have changed already if it wasn't for the fact their 12m contract has no cooling off period, they grab you by the sphericals and hang on tight with fines and restrictive practices.

Then there is the router that refuses to talk to intel wireless devices after it has had a few updates to the firmware and has to be reset to default settings. So much for free router.

They changed rfom another port range that was blocked by many colleges around the world as it IS a real P2P range, unlike 6000-6020 which is not a typical p2p range.

Lebrine
Beginner
Message 89 of 331

0 Ratings
Blackdolphyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 331

Bottom line is,

if we/I are/am NOT with BT we can play RIFT …

I am not blaming anyone; either it gets solved or I am out of here.

0 Ratings