Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcmclean
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Problems with Infinity 3 External Work and Follow Up Installation

Hi

I  placed an order for Infinity 3 for my property on the 19th of March - this after waiting many years for a decent broadband service via the phone line as I live rurally.

Everything seemed fine up until the day of my installation appointment (09.04.15) when I was informed by the engineers that the initial external work had not been carried out. They phoned BT on the day to find out what had gone wrong to be told that the engineer who came to fit the fibre cable chose to do so on a telephone pole futher away than the one DIRECTLY outside my house. As a result there was a cable "in the way" and so he didn't bother to go through with the installation.

Since that day I have been constantly in touch with the customer service team only to be told over and over that my order has been "referred" to the planning team and as such they cannot explain to me WHY it is taking so long to install the fibre cable. It has now been more than four weeks, and it makes being told your order is a "priority" seem like a joke.

I understand that my £700 a year is basically nothing to a company the size of BT but for me I feel it warrants at least some kind of customer service. I spoke to the customer service department again today only to be told I will need to wait another 48 hours for a phone call about WHY the work hasn't been done. At this point it is almost comical and I am seriously considering cancelling the entire order.

My question is after waiting four weeks WHO do I need to speak to to get the fibre cable installed and arrange another appointment to do the home installation after that? My current provider has actually ceased providing broadband at this stage and I have been offered nothing in the way of a solution by BT.

I regret switching back to your company and you haven't even started providing me with a service yet.

Rob.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems with Infinity 3 External Work and Follow Up Installation

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
rcmclean
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, Keith. Appreciate the assistance.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 4

Hi rcmlean,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry there's been a delay getting you connected. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings