cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDM
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Problems with Outlook 2010 and btinternet messages

I am a home user of Outlook 2010. My outlook is not picking up all my emails from the server. It is patchy.  I have a whole bundle from yesterday which have not been downloaded despite appearing on my iPhone and iPad.  Is anyone esle experienceing this?  BT service desk will nto help me - say I need to go to the tech people on a paid for basis.  If this is happening to others I guess the problem is with BT not Microsoft?

Thanks for any help.

CDM

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Problems with Outlook 2010 and btinternet messages

Are you using IMAP or POP3? If POP3, have you configured your ipad and iphone to leave a copy of the message on the server? If not, once downloaded to your mobile device, the message will not be available to download to Outlook

0 Ratings
CDM
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

It is POP 3, and has been configured to leave messages on the servier.  They are there, they are randomly not coming up on to outlook!

0 Ratings
CDM
Beginner
Message 4 of 12

This is a more detailed explanation of the prblem that I have posted o nthe Microsoft Forum:

I am a home user of Outlook 2010. My outlook is not picking up all my emails from the server. It is patchy.  I have a whole bundle from yesterday which have not been downloaded despite appearing on my iPhone and iPad.  Yesterday I received some emails - and then between 4.30pm GMT and 9.09pm GMT I did not receive 7 emails = including my responses from my iPad which I was sending. Everything appears on my iPhone and iPad, but does not come through to Outlook. No error messages or anything to tell me that there is a problem - just when I want to go back and look I cannot find them in Outlook, and have to reforward from my iPad. I get them when reforwarded so really don't understand what is going on.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  BT service desk will not help me - say I need to go to the tech people on a paid for basis.  If this is happening to others I guess the problem is with BT not Microsoft?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Have you tried repairing the Inbox, just in case the index is corrupted?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272227

0 Ratings
CDM
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

I have read what to do and it looks scary!  I am afraid of messing it all up! 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

@CDM wrote:

including my responses from my iPad which I was sending.

If you are using POP3, sent mail from your ipad or iphone won't appear in Outlook unless you have configured them to Bcc a copy to yourself of any sent mail. It still sounds as though either your ipad or iphone has not been configured to leave a copy of the mail on the server.

0 Ratings
CDM
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

I have now run SCanPST twice. It says that there are errors, and when  say repait it starts and the ends up as "not responding".  I thik I am going to abandon this! Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
CDM
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

No - I do get copies of emails sent form Phone / iPad and tese can be seen on the servier.  It is just that they - and emails from others - are not always appearing in Outlook.  This is an intermttent issue which is the worse type to try and resolve!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

When you say that the mails can be seen on the server, is this by checking in webmail? If so, which folder are they in?

0 Ratings