cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Problems with my BT email

Go to solution

I’ve dangly changed my BT ID on my account as it was an email address I will no longer be using.  I now can’t get into my BT email.  This is hindering me getting into my mailbox as I’m also having problems setting up my BT email on my new iPhone 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Problems with my BT email

Go to solution

Did you follow the procedure as per this link?

Changing your BT ID username and security details | BT Help

Was your "old" BTID the same as your "main" BT email account?

When you access your MyBT using your "new" BTID does it show any email accounts when you click on "Your Product" > "Email, manage" ?

Is the "New" BTID set as the "Account Holder"?

see link

What's the difference between an Account holder and an Account manager in My BT? | BT Help

Have you tried logging onto your BT email account using your "new" and "old" BTID and passwords using the direct link rather than going through your MyBT.

BT Email 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

My old BT ID was not my main BT email

i did follow the process as per the link

i am showing as the BT account holder  on my new BTID

under my new ID I have no email account listed

my old BT Id and password no longer works

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

But most importantly, can you log in at the direct link?

BT Mail 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, no the app doesn’t work, even more worrying my only access to my mailbox was via my iPad and now that is showing an error.  Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

That link doesn't need a mail app, it is a direct login to webmail from a browser rather than access via MyBT

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Just to clarify, are you a BT Broadband customer or is your email account paid for through a BT Premium Email account?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi I’m a BT broadband customer, I’ve tried the app and the link and neither works now

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

This BT Email takes you to where you can login with the BT email account you wish to access NOT your BTID.

Can you login into to your email account there? If not try the "forget password" option.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings icon. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted solution’
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks I managed to fix by finally getting in the link and resetting my password

0 Ratings