cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brads27
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Problems with picture

I have had nothing but trouble since i got my youview box in July,the picture breaks up then the screen goes black for a few seconds,i checkd all the cables and they are ok,i did a soft reset and it worked for a day or so,now i am getting error code ipc 6023,i went into settings -signal quality and i have zero quality and zero signal strength but still have a good picture most of the time.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
brads27
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems with picture

Update all the internet channels i have tried are the same ,no signal  quality and no strength but still get a picture.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

The signal quality and strength only applies to the (Freeview) channels that are received via the aerial,

0 Ratings
brads27
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Ok thanks for that,but my picture still freezes and goes off all together ,not all the time but it does go off every day.

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 5 of 7

PM me your details and I'll take a look at your line.

Steve
0 Ratings
Yorkie6947
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Problems similar to those I have endured for months now, despite several discussions with BT Engineers and repetitions of suggested reset actions, etc., etc.

We did initially find that the extenders supplied originally were 200mb. BT send me a pair of 500mb extenders free of charge.

Other than that, we are repeating the same rigmarole every time I talk to someone from BT

The 500mb extenders did improve things a little bit, but my belief is that my property is at the end of the line and the signal has become weaker owing to addition of cnsumers between the cabinet and property - a distance of approximately 400m.

The performance of my BT TV with YouView box does vary and is particularly bad at weekends.

Curiously, my BT Infinity internet doesn't appear to suffer from weak signal strength, although to be honest I don't have high demands on it, such as downloads and online TV, etc.

I can only award BT 1 out of 10 for Customer Service and o out of 10 for operation of their Complaints Procedure. If you sense that I am miffed - dead right! Fed up of paying for services I can't use.

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 7

Hi Yorke, sorry for your bad experience so far. I'm happy to look into it for you if you like?
0 Ratings