cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
viberious
Message 1 of 9

Problems with slow broadband speed with a new build

Recently having problems with slow speed even after two visits from openreach. I've had 25 calls plus to techinical who now inform me that our exchange (didcot) is not adsl 2+ enabled yet the dslchecker shows it to be. My connection speed is 4.42 yet my ip profile is 2mb any ideas on how to improve this. Speedtest.net shows my download is 1.9mb Line state: Connected Connection time: 0 days, 01:18:33 Downstream: 4.313 Mbps Upstream: 448 Kbps ADSL Settings VPI/VCI: 0/38 Type: PPPoA Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A Latency type: Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up): 6.7 dB / 19.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up): 54.0 dB / 31.5 dB Output power (Down/Up): 19.3 dBm / 11.9 dBm FEC Events (Down/Up): 54734 / 3 CRC Events (Down/Up): 284 / 6 Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0 HEC Events (Down/Up): 1554 / 0 Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 100 / 4
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Problems with slow broadband speed with a new build

Make sure the hub is connected directly to the master socket.

Run a test at http://speedtester.bt.com and someone should be able to help you.

Thank you

0 Ratings
viberious
Message 3 of 9

Its connected to the master socket. Here is the speedtester details.

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 1.86 Mbps 0 Mbps 2 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.86 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :4.42 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM

0 Ratings
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 9

Is your hub connected to the master socket?

0 Ratings
dombullion
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

You may have to have an enginner look at it.

It could be noise on the line.

0 Ratings
viberious
Message 6 of 9

Yes it is - ive also tried the test socket but this hasnt improved things.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Its possibly a stuck IP profile, but as you have only been connected for just over an hour, its unlikely to get any better.

Your actual connection speed is about right, but the IP profile takes a while to catch up on ADSL max.

You must leave your home hub turned on and connected to your phone line for at least five days.

During that time, do not reset or disconnect it, even to do a speed test.

If your download speed has not increased after that time, then return to this thread for assistance.

Thank you

0 Ratings
viberious
Message 8 of 9

Ive had an engineer out today and the noise is down to the long distance to the exchange - he locked the SNR to 6 hence why im connected at 4.4 but true downloads are at around 1.9. Is this down to the IP profile being set at 2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

yes as Keith has posted you now have to leave the hub powered up 24/7 and connected to the phone line for 5 days and your IP Profile will then increase if it has not increased after then post back for further help
0 Ratings