cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Process for Downgrading once minimum term expired

Go to solution

Hi, if I sign up to an upgraded broadband deal with BT, what happens if I want to cancel the 18 month term once the price goes up i.e. can I give notice at 17 months to go back to my cheaper deal?  Also - am I right in thinking that if you sign up to an 18 month contract and BT change their core prices, that the customer can give 30 days notice to terminate and there is no fee for leaving the term early?

Many thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Process for Downgrading once minimum term expired

Go to solution
If you do nothing tt the end of the term you'll go onto a monthly rolling contract, at usually a higher price than you've been paying.

You need to negotiate a new deal with BT if you wish to stay with them at a lower price than the standard monthly rate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Process for Downgrading once minimum term expired

Go to solution

And you're correct about the right to cancel if prices go up; the notification of any increase should contain appropriate advice. If you eventually want to stick with BT and are willing to enter a fresh minimum period with a pricing deal, the Options Team on 0800 800 030 are the best people to negotiate with. 

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings