cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nemu
Contributor
Message 1 of 35

Profile Installation Failed : The UUID for the profile “BT Mobile Internet” is not unique

Put BT mobile sim into unlocked new iphone SE and it recognised that the sim was in a different handset so I received an SMS text instructing me to install the BT Mobile Internet Profile

but if i select it  and select install after entering my pin  i get this error :-

Profile Installation Failed : The UUID for the profile “BT Mobile Internet” is not unique

And i cannot find any menu option in settings to check or change the existing APN settings etc .

Found a BT help page setting up my phone and all it says is to check that the carrier is BT and at version 18.1 or higher

mine shows BT-C 29.0   It goes on to say if its not then to reset network settings which didn’t help !

0 Ratings
34 REPLIES 34
NeilO
Message 2 of 35

Re: Profile Installation Failed : The UUID for the profile “BT Mobile Internet” is not unique

@nemu I'm sorry to see you're having problems setting up your BT Mobile sim in your new phone.  If you get in touch with the mobile chat team on this link they'll be happy to help you get that sorted. 

0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 3 of 35

Re: Profile Installation Failed : The UUID for the profile “BT Mobile Internet” is not unique

Hi NeilO 

thank you for replying , i used the CHAT yesterday without any success all they could do was to tell me to reset my network settings on the iphone but this didnt make any difference 

they then called me and put me through to a call centre which I guess was in South Wales ( judging by the accent Maybe An EE call centre in Merthyr Tydfil?)

i explained my problem again and was told to contact Apple because the settings had nothing to do with BT and all they could suggets was the same as on chat was to reset network  settings 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 35

@nemu If you send us over your details we'll find someone who can help you get that sorted.  You see the 'click here to contact the mods link if you click on my username. ' 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
nemu
Contributor
Message 5 of 35

Hi NeilO 

I click on your user name but nowhere can I see the link you mentioned to contact the mods

Edited :-

ahh how odd just tried it again after replying and i can see it now !!!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 6 of 35

@nemu you need to be in the web version of the site and the link on the left hand side of the screen as shown in the screen shot below.

contact the mods.png

0 Ratings
CarolV
Beginner
Message 7 of 35

Hi - I have the EXACT same problem, I didn't think it was right for me to set a new forum post so, if I'm wrong - please accept my aplogises.

I will need special assistance as I cannot use the telephone to contact support so if it is OK, could I contact you to discuss this matter?

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 35

Hi @CarolV Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting about the problem with your BT Mobile.

As you require special assistance it would be best to contact the Mobile Chat Complaints Team who will be able to help you on the chat service in real time. 

Post back and let us know how you get on with them.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
stuandlil
Beginner
Message 9 of 35

Hello

i am having the same problem I have spoken to the chat team but he just told me to reset my network settings and this did not help.

please can you help me?

thanks

elizabeth 

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 10 of 35

Hi @stuandlil Sorry you are also experiencing this problem with your BT Mobile.

Can you check out How do I set up my phone manually to work with BT Mobile? and tell me if this helps.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings