Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

Profile Stuck at 25mb??

Go to solution

Some of the speedtest.net are showing 38mb and 8 down, but the one that always defaulted to used to say 38 /8 

now says this all the time :

the bt speedtester registed 8 on a few occasions to day , and a flicker of 19-25mb.

My lines been perfect since last july, why is it doing this now....

or : 

hmm confusing, i think my HH3 might be on its way out lol...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Profile Stuck at 25mb??

Go to solution

Hi Steve,

When you run the BT speedtest, what is your profile?

It could still say 38, in which case the profile doesn't need resetting.

Problem with the various testers in that they occasionally give "hiccups" in the readings.

Michael

EASBF

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Hello fellow easbf'er 🙂 , i am wondering wether the home hub 3 is on its way out, is behaving very oddly at the moment.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Steve

What does the BT speedtest http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520

say your profile is?

That site just gave me 25 down and Zero up - so don't worry about those readings - but it does give your profile.

Michael.

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 5 Mbps

0 Mbps38.71 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 5 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 12 Mbps-38.71 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 38.71 Mbps

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0 Kbps

0 Kbps10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

Stephen
0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Stephen
0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Stephen,

You've got exactly the same profile as me, which is good in that the gubbins in the exchange doesn't think you've a problem on your line.

Both our tests show a zero upload speed, and I have in the past few weeks seen very low download speed the latest one was 25M but it has been down in the K's- so best to ignore the BT test for anything other than the profile!

Speedtester can also give strange readings.

As long as the overall speed is good enough for what you are asking it to do e.g. Iplayer, I wouldn't get too hung up about it.

Just keep an occasional eye on it by doing a speedtest.

For some reason, after a few weeks on one server, mine has changed to another one at 7AM this morning. Different BT servers can also have an effect on the download speeds - when you go to speedtest, it shows the server IP address in the bottom left of the map,

You can see how long you've been connected via the hub manager.

Michael

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Ah ok, fair enough, i had to talk to india, they will keep an eye on my line apparatly for 3 days (and give us a call on 3rd day) not sure why, but maybe they will note the sporadic info about peoples connections in our area.

Stephen
0 Ratings