Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Profile and speed have suddenly dropped by more than 30%

Go to solution

Despite suffering with lots of speed and connection problems at the start I have since enjoyed a solid and constant service from BT Infinity 2. Until last week............ when my line profile and speed suddenly dropped from 32 Mbps to 21 Mbps.

Having checked my contract I have now discovered that the original minimum 18 month term has now expired and it ended on the very same day as the profile and speed dropped. I presume this is purely coincidental and there must be another reason for the drop.

Nothing has changed at this end and the modem and hub both appear to be working correctly.The original problems were finaly resolved following the intervention and help of a board moderator here. If any of the mods can offer their kind assistance to investigate and resolve this new problem I'd be really grateful.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
DavidM
Message 2 of 5

Re: Profile and speed have suddenly dropped by more than 30%

Go to solution

Hi Keith-Miller,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're having problems with the connection speed. Can you try running a speed test  including the 'further diagnostics' and post the results? Once you've done that we'll take a look for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Screen shot of speedtest below as requested.

speedtest19022014.jpg

Regards,

Keith.

0 Ratings
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks to the kind help of Mod Stuart my problem has now been resolved.

0 Ratings
Keith-Miller
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just for the record.......... the problem was caused by corroded connections and joints on aluminium cable at the cabinet. After cleaning and repair by an engineer my speeds and profile are now back to normal.

Image1.jpg

0 Ratings