Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anees
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Profile still not changed

Hi there,

its been two weeks since I should have been seen a speed bump. However, my IP profile is still on 33mbps.
My exchange can support speed up to 50mbps, and it is enabled for this speed according to the dsl checker.

Can the profile be changed please ?

Thanks,

Anees

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Valthos
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Profile still not changed

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

please go here and run the test VIA Ethernet Cable.

click further Diag after this is done and put your phone number in to obtain the IP profile

remember this is sold as a UPTO product if your only getting 33. thats all the line will suport and you are best off downgrading the Infinity 1.

are you using the HH5 is so can you also post your line stats from  

http://192.168.1.254/index.cgi?active_page=9140&active_page_str=page_hdesk&req_mode=1&mimic_button_f...

u may have to login with the admin password found on the Card with the Wireless key first then reclick the link.

paste all the info there and we can advise.

Regards

V

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

This will show what the estimated speeds are for your line, which long with the IP profile you have been asked for and your Homehub stats will enable us to see if your speed is within the estimated band or if there is a possible underling fault causing your speeds to be lower than you have expected.

0 Ratings
anees
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

0 Ratings
anees
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Just to add more info....I called the BT broadband helpdesk about two weeks ago and extended my contract to 18 months. I was told I would get the HH5 free, as well as a speed upgrade. So, it seems like the speed upgrade did not happen.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

I could be wrong but going by your stats I would say that you are on a Range B line. Your noise margins are near the expect 6 and if you check your max data rate compared to your data rate you will see that there might be room for a slight improvement but not up to the 50Mbps that you are expecting. I would say that you are probably getting the best you are going to get.

I would see about being down graded to Infinity 1 and save some money.

Were you on Infinity 1 previously?

0 Ratings
Valthos
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

yup line looks good.

33 will be close to max.

downgrade time..

0 Ratings
anees
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

cheers for that guys...

I will put back the HG 612 modem and see what stats it reports. I'm curious to see what speeds it syncs at.

However, if it can't be improved then so be it....but i thought some extra speed could be squeezed out of the line.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 9 of 9

Unfortunately for you it looks like a range B line and nothing extra will be "squeezed out".

0 Ratings