cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strontium90
Expert
Message 1 of 14

Profile stuck again...

Ok..the electric blinked a couple of times this morning in the torrential rain...profile stuck again..I'm fed up to the teeth with this s**t...

CraigS (one of the mods) emailed me yesterday to inform me that my profile was being "rebuilt" (whatever that means)...everytime I even have the slightest resync my profile is stuck on the banded 2000kps and has to be manually reset...

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1845 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 400-2000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4640 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2000 Kbps

It's giving thunder for Thursday so, no doubt it will be another disaster...can I have it reset please?

BTW...why is DLM CONSISTENTLY failing?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
PaperBag
Contributor
Message 2 of 14

Re: Profile stuck again...

If the MOD is dealing with it then you should E-mail him back in regards to your incident, so we dont cross-rivers.

They will deal with it, if you keep incontact with them

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 14

Hi Strontium90,

I know that loss of speed is not a welcome prospect but as far as our investigations go this recent drop can help us. 

I can ask our suppliers to monitor the line and DLMs reaction following stability to see if the re-build fixes the problem.  If it doesn't then we will have a clear picture of whats going wrong and a better chance to get to the route of the issue. 

If you can give me a few days please to keep an eye on this I will keep you uptodate on what happens and get DLM kick in.

Let me know what you think

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 4 of 14

Thanks for the answer Craig...I have had a long term problem with REN...after spending much time on this forum debating it with a certain RogerB, we decided it was caused by an ovehead mains  11kv line which supplies a steel manufacturing business...this line (switches ?) at times and the hum from from it interferes with my broadband..

Like this Daily...[IMG]http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab141/dolmenman/Rx_Noise_margin_dB-2010Apr30-1533.jpg[/IMG]

Unfortunately, I'm not rich enough to take on the power company (or the structural steel works) so when my noise margin (ineveitably) rises to 15+dB I forcibly reduce it with a telnet cmd using the routers broadcom chip...

Normally by balancing the two (with a 8dB over head on a 53dB loop lose line) I can maintain a 4500kps+ sync for weeks..

If, on accasion, have have a powersupply issue, or a thunderstorm, I can usually "twiddle" with things and be back to a 3-4 meg connection in 12-36hrs

Unforunatelly, I no longer seem to be able to do this as ANY disconnect IMMEDIATELY puts me on the 2 meg banded profile...

PS..we need RogerB back on the caseSmiley Wink

0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 5 of 14

Synced over 24hrs...Profile still stuck

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1831 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4640 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

Hi Strontium90

Still monitoring this if no improvement tomorrow will be chasing to try to get more information for you.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 7 of 14

Was away for a day so couldn't monitor...there has been a resync 1 day and 14 hrs ago but profile has recovered although speed not great...however thanks for getting profile unstuck....

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1474 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4480 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 3500 Kbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Hi strontium90

Glad to see your profile is now matching your connection speed hope it remains for you now good luck
0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 9 of 14

Guess what..after a resync sometime yesterday when I was away, it's stuck again...am absolutely sick of this...I'm going on holidays tomorrow for a week so will have to wait till I'm back before I go through the whole laborious process of contacting the mods and getting it manually reset...

DLM is a f&*king joke and is clearly not working,,,sick to the teeth...AGAIN!!!!

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1873 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :4608 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Hi
If your re-sync was only yesterday it could take 3/5 days to restore I would not think it was stuck yet
0 Ratings