cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayW
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: Program stops recording before the program has finished

This may be the case as I have never had this problem with conventional aerial transmitted freeview. I appreciate others have had problems, but mine is entirely the ip channels. Example DAVE ; Freeview Ch 12 (SD) - No problem but ip BTTV Ch 387 (HD) does miss some endings. Would be interesting to find out if the problem is as suggested - that the ip channels do not use AR
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 12 of 13

@JayW wrote:
This may be the case as I have never had this problem with conventional aerial transmitted freeview. I appreciate others have had problems, but mine is entirely the ip channels. Example DAVE ; Freeview Ch 12 (SD) - No problem but ip BTTV Ch 387 (HD) does miss some endings. Would be interesting to find out if the problem is as suggested - that the ip channels do not use AR

Actually you are not comparing actual like for like there.  You are comparing not only ip TV but SD and HD.  You will find even on Terrestrial TV that people can have problems with a HD channel when the SD variant is working perfectly.  Lots of posts about this on other forums e.g. loss of audio, loss of picture, failed to record etc.  

This still doesn't answer if IP uses AR but it is something else to add to the mix. 

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 13

@Jim-ladwrote "You will find even on Terrestrial TV that people can have problems with a HD channel when the SD variant is working perfectly.  Lots of posts about this on other forums e.g. loss of audio, loss of picture, failed to record" 

Even region comes into the terrestrial tv mix. I remember towards the end of the last football season BBC1HD (England) had audio issues one Saturday night where, if my memory serves me right, there was no audio on the programme, whilst in Northern Ireland, on our regions BBC1HD, there were no issues with the same programme.

0 Ratings