Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 1 of 42

Project Dante - bt.com and BT online services

Hello guys,

You may have been wondering about what was happening with this trial and I am sorry it all because a bit quiet after a while - we have ironed out a few things and we are now ready to roll this out (hopefully next week).

As a refresher, here is a statement from Duncan (who was over the trial at the time) about what the trial involved, but the most relevant parts are quoted below in blue:

At present BT offers a wide range of online services from sales, online account management through to services for our broadband customers including email, web search and news content.  These are spread across a number of separate sites and areas without much connection and we require customers to use a wide variety of different user ID's to access these different services.  We feel there is a big opportunity for us to provide a much more connected, coherent online experience of BT for our customers.

Our plans will bring some significant changes to the appearance and functionality offered by BT's online services and I'm very keen to give you the opportunity to see the work as it's developed, provide feedback on our approach and designs and hopefully take an active part in our pre-launch trials process.

To give you a sense of the approach and likely commitment I'd expect that initially for those interested, once we've received completed non-disclosure forms I would host a web conference to explain the project in detail and show you progress to date.  Using browser tools which allows me to share a view of my screen I'll walk you through the pages developed so far.  I'd hope in addition to feedback on the call we could run an on-going Q&A thread in the forums where I can discuss your thoughts.  I'd propose we hold a two to three online demos between now and Christmas to show you the developing project and then after Christmas we hope to be in a position to enter early trial phases which would give you hands on access to the Beta version of the new sites and give you the chance to comment.

I'd very much value the chance to get your input and explain in more detail our plans.

As you may recall we had some issues with NDAs (non-disclosure agreements) not being received but again that's all sorted and everyone here bar guilbo and our new CLs appears to be registered on TrialCentre so we're good to go.

To guilbo, jac_95, pottyperson and sjtp, if you are interested in taking part can you register on TrialCentre if you haven't already and PM me your usernames so we can get you added?

Thanks, any questions please post them here or PM me 🙂

Stephanie

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 42

Re: Project Dante - bt.com and BT online services

that's interesting - Stuart only asked last week what was happening after all the NDA problems

now we know not dead after allSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 42

dpi.jpg

I would'nt be too sure at this stage imj about that...............Smiley Wink

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 42

maybe spoke to soon and you were right AQSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 42

Looks like its a dead parrot to me  Smiley Surprised

AQ.

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 6 of 42

Not dead yet - the guys are sorting out access. We predicted it would all be sorted by now but it looks like I was optimistic about the timescales involved.

It's all still in the works but I think I was a bit premature with my post, and I am sorry about that.

I’m not about until Monday but if we get confirmation that we’re good to go before then one of the mods will let you know.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 42

Thanks for update

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Message 8 of 42

Hi guys,

Details about this are on their way in the TrialCentre website, if this changes or if I get any other info in the meantime I'll post back.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 42

Thanks Stephanie; its not there ATM but will keep checking.

AQ.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 42

checked trial centre but nothing yet - for me anyway

0 Ratings