cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 1 of 9

Ps4 vs. XBone

Is anyone picking one up on launch day? What are you going for?

I've preordered a Ps4 and am really looking forward to getting it at the end of the month, getting close Smiley Very Happy

If anyone on here is interested maybe we could make a thread where we could exchange friend code/gamertags/psn I.Ds? Or even post them in here if it's handyer?

Any games your looking forward to?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ps4 vs. XBone

No takers? 😉

I happened to be in Asda the evening before the PS4 launch day, and there was a queue of around ten people, patiently waiting for midnight so they could be amongst the first to buy the PS4.

This was at 5pm. I was shocked, I tell you. Shocked!

I must admit, I only use our PS3 for Netflix so this is probably a good time for me to step away from any games console threads 😉

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

I was in Asda myself on the evening of the release.

Queued for 2hrs 45mins for a shiny new PS4 console.  A long time I know but it had to be done.  Some people started queuing 12 hours before release and were given tickets to go away and come back again later!

So, although I waited quite a bit of time, I wasn't the worst! 

P.S I can safely say it was well worth the wait Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Seems as though only the Forum Mods can afford one Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

Due to eyesight problems I gave gad to give up on games consoles. I am tempted by the PSVita .... Any views

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 9

stuartrogerson,

The vitas catalog of games isn't great right now. if you have bad eye sight I would recommend the 3ds XL, the 3d effect can be turned off and its a good big screen and it has a huge amount of games 😄
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 9

Even if I were in to consoles I'd never buy one on launch day. Call it a mixture of IT pro hesitation (golden rule: Never buy anything untill someone else has found the bugs) and the fact that the price will tumble within a matter of months.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 8 of 9

I've always been a Playstation man, finally picked up a PS4 Saturday gone, still yet to be opened Smiley Sad Hopefully I will get some gaming time over the Christmas.

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I managed to get both, call it an early xmas present from me to me. Unfortunately I have not had much time on any either of them so cant give you my thoughts as I have had no broadband since the 18th. They do make great dust gathers at the moment.

0 Ratings