cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Push not working on iPhone or iPad

Both mine and my husband's email stopped automatically pushing emails yesterday afternoon on both iphone and ipad, despite neither of us changing settings. Our accounts are apparently still on Yahoo servers. I spent ages on the phone with BT Tech (UK based) this morning, to no avail. All they could tell me was that because I could still send and receive email and their test iPad and iPhone was working OK, so the problem can't be at their end and to take my device to Apple. I have tried various things, including deleting accounts and reinstalling them, but to no avail. I have even set up one device to receive email through yahoo settings and the other as a manual add account with the BTinternet settings, but still no difference. The fact that it's happening on 4 different devices and two different BT email addresses, must mean the issue is BT, not Apple. Very frustrated now...

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Push not working on iPhone or iPad

Probably yet another glitch with BT Yahoo! and may right itself fairly soon. The push function is absent from the new BT Mail so you'll lose it anyway when you're upgraded, which could be any decade now with the current high-speed migration programme.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 15

I also experienced this at exactly the same time as the original poster. Have tried deleting/re-installing the email setup on iphone and ipad but no effect. Restarting the devices does not have the effect either. Push still working on a work account that uses Exchange server and installed on both devices, so this is not an Apple issue. Push email also extremely important for me as a feature and a major reason for remaining a BT customer for 16 years, so if it is not re-instated within the next 48 hours, I also shall be moving to a different provider and shall ditch all BT products with immediate effect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

I seriously fail to see the difference between push and 10 minutes intervals polling. But that's just me!!!
Highlighted
Message 5 of 15

When you're in business and things can't wait 10 minutes, Push is the only solution. Tradesmen and freelancing professionals receive emails requesting bids for jobs to keep food on their tables and rooves over their families heads and if they don't respond to the request immediately, someone else probably will and the business opportunity is missed. Simples.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Btinternet mail is a domestic product though, not aimed at business.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 15

I can appreciate that. But I chose it as a central point to focus emails because of the fact that BT was a Push service that I was looking for.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Still not working! It's not the end of the world, but it's very annoying, as now I have to keep checking, whereas before I was instantly notified of new emails! Does anyone from BT with the knowledge to fix the issue actually read this forum? I know that it's called BTCare, but I'm not convinced anyone from BT does care (no offence). 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 15

Add me to the list. Not been pushing since yesterday afternoon too. The reliability of service is very poor. It must be a BT bodge because I have a separate pure yahoo account and that still pushes. Plus the yahoo app is working ok in that this is sending notifications. So it's just not working in the native app. The cycle for manually checking for mail via the native app is pretty slow too at the moment. Clearly yet another BT problem!

I don't want to lose push in the migration but there's not much we can do. I wish they'd just do the migration already rather than this painful drawn out affair.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Why do you need to keep checking? Just set the poll interval to 5 minutes or whatever.

0 Ratings