cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 15

Re: Push not working on iPhone or iPad

I do understand what your saying but I think people like push. It's a cool feature and we expect it to work. Plus it's less battery drain using push than fetch as it only works the phone when there is a new email. As long as your not getting an email every minute it helps a bit. I find iphone battery pretty lousy so every little bit helps.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 12 of 15

I fully agree with scottyboy; lack of Push is not going to stop the world from turning, it is an extremely helpful feature for those who rely on it. The iPhone already has battery life issues, Fetch makes this worse (as it says in the Fetch menu setting).

What would be great is if somebody from BT Mail could publicly state whether this is a temporary glitch in the servers (and will be resolved) or a permanent new fixture relating to the migration away from Yahoo... in which case, those of us who rely on the Push feature can begin looking for a new service that does offer this feature.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 15

@somewhereoutthere wrote:
What would be great is if somebody from BT Mail could publicly state whether this is a temporary glitch in the servers (and will be resolved) or a permanent new fixture relating to the migration away from Yahoo... in which case, those of us who rely on the Push feature can begin looking for a new service that does offer this feature.

As I said before, it's probably temporary in true BT Yahoo! fashion. If you really do need the Push feature though, you may as well start looking now because you certainly won't have it when you're migrated to BT Mail unless things change.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

My husband's seems to be working intermittently now, but mine is still not showing any signs of pushing!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Yeah my push is working, kind of. It seems to push about half hour late. I know it's delayed because the yahoo app notifies me of new mail. Yet the native app doesn't ding for quite sometime afterwards. As much as I detest yahoo and think they are useless it looks like BT are to blame here. It's a great feature push but it's so unreliable, at least on BT yahoo.
0 Ratings