cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Put a bookmark/reminder in "MyView" ?

Just recently got BT TV and working it out, came from Sky. Is there a way to download catch-up programmes to watch later rather than have to watch straight away?

What I mean is on Sky you could search a program on catch-up, download it and it would go in your planner (MyView). Is this possible on BT TV.

I've seen a program I want to watch, it's in the BT TV section however. The only thing I can see to do is add a bookmark, but this stays in the BT TV section, and isn't downloaded ready to watch instantly.

Is there no way to add it to the more global MyView, and also be downloaded ready to watch?

Thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Put a bookmark/reminder in "MyView" ?

I've only been a BT TV customer a short period of time as well (switching from Sky) but I'm pretty confident that the answer is no. On BT TV (and Freeview generally) On Demand is On Demand i.e. you don't download it ever, you just stream it when you want it.

The only negative I can see to this is if you take a while - which I occasionally do - to watch a series and it then gets removed from the On Demand service. I suspect this is unlikely on the BTTV Player part of the service but perhaps more likely on the other catchup services.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Exactly scenario I have. On Sky downloaded a series so could watch when could.

I'd like a remonder/reference though as at moment the series is in the BT section whereas the recordings are in YouView section...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I understand but unfortunately you just can't do it. You have to look at the BT TV Player part a bit like Netflix i.e. it's just an internet streaming service.

You might also want to browse on YouTube for Freeview Next Generation which will show you what the new interface (that I believe will come to BT boxes early in new year) will look like. Unfortunately that wont add the functionality you want either but it does deliver a more modern interface (all be it I'm sure there will be those prefer the current one).

The above said if you take a look at the new Sky Q interface that is going in a similar direction (although you can still download from the On Demand services)

0 Ratings