cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

[Ques] Getting Infinity with HomeHub 4, and I have a question...

Go to solution

I am currently with BT on Broadband Option 3 and I have, and use, a BT HomeHub 2A.  Part of the upgrade I will get a new Homehub 4 on the Thursday before the installation (which is on the Monday).

Question is can I unpack and set up the new HomeHub 4 with SSID, passwords, and port forwarding set-up before Monday and use the HomeHub 4 on my Broadband Option 3 over the Friday and weekend until Infinity is installed on the Monday?  Will need resetting to which it from standard broadband to Infinity?

Thanks.

Chris.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: [Ques] Getting Infinity with HomeHub 4, and I have a question...

Go to solution

You should have no preblem doing that.

There's nothing for you to switch for Infinity.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Excellent, I did not want to go through setting up everything and then it gets reset on the installation day! 🙂

Chris.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I would suggest that you wait until the engineer comes to install it and set it up.

He will show you that it is working correctly and what speed you are getting. If for any reason it was not working as expected  he may do a factory reset of the hub which would result in you  loosing all the settings.

Although unlikely the engineer could also blame it on you if it were not working correctly because of your settings so in my opion leave it untill it is installed.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Does the HH3 not have settings backup facility for that scenario? No need to set it all up again, just use the backup file.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@pippincp wrote:

Does the HH3 not have settings backup facility for that scenario? No need to set it all up again, just use the backup file.

My HH2A does do backups, I use it.  I could do a backup on the HH4 once I have set up the HH4 up in case the engineer resets it.  I am quite competent with computers, I have a degree in the subject, so I think I can set it up without causing issues! 🙂

Chris.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I would also set it up before hand. Easiest way to see if its performing properly before switching to infinity.

0 Ratings