Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JEG-66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Question about network security during home hub boot up

Hi,

Although I keep my home hub V.2 on most of the time, occasionally I switch it off if I'm not going to be using it for a while.  I've noticed that when I re-boot it, Windows 7 detects that my home network is unsecured for a few seconds while the hub is in 'wireless association mode'.  Although the BT help guide says that during boot up the wireless light will flash orange for 'one second' at this point and that this doesn't mean that the network is not unsecured, my hub wireless light in fact glows a steady orange for 3 - 4 seconds before turning blue.  Although there is no broadband light at that point, so no way of me or anyone else connecting to the internet until the wireless network is associated in secure mode, I wonder if this is normal.  Or does this perhaps indicate a flaw in my home hub's wireless security?

Advice welcome.

Jon

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
C1Rider
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Question about network security during home hub boot up

Hello,

While your HH is booting up it's not possible for anyone to connect so I can't see it being an issue.

My hub is exactly the same, about three to five seconds of orange.

Can't comment on Windoz as I'm not a user.  !!!

Cheers..

Tags (4)
JEG-66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Question about network security during home hub boot up

Hi,

Thanks for the response - given that you also have the same thing happen (i.e. 3 - 5 seconds of orange wireless light) when you boot up the hub maybe it's fairly standard.  I'd just wondered if my hub may be a bit faulty in that regard, but in any case you confirm what I thought, that no one could connect to the network at that point.   And the network definitely is secure by the time the broadband connection switches on.

Cheers,

Jon

0 Ratings