Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: Question about testing period

Go to solution

@jkr1711 wrote:

Hi,

Test socket yields same results, and the bellwire got removed a few months ago. We have a phone upstairs using a different socket (not a phone extension cable) if that's anything.

Have you seen whether the CRC events increment when you are connected to the test socket?

I really think the issue is simply the lack of forward error correction, which is introduced then the latency id changed to interleaved.

This should eliminate most of the CRC errors.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Hi,

It appears we are using an extension for the router as all of our PC's are wired into the homehub. It's not possible to test anything if we put it into the test socket as it is elsewhere in the house where the ethernet cables can't reach. I guess I'll just have to wait until the testing period is over (we've used other routers on the extension before and they've been running perfectly fine)

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution

I think its going to a case of wait and see. No manual intervention is allowed to take place until after the 10 days, and its important to leave your home hub plugged in and turned on 24/7 during this critical period, as that is when the fault threshold is calculated.

You are welcome to return to this thread and report the situation after 10 days, someone will be looking out for you Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Broadband rebooted itself and now we're on Interleaved 😄 Speed down to 2.84mbps but I guess it's better than nothing

Regards

John

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

has your noise margin increased above 6db?  as on interleaved that should significantly reduce the crc/hec errors which should improve your download speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

Yes it has improved the margins, we are now on 7.4Dbs. Bring on Infinity! (If my cabinet ever gets seen to...)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution
could you now repost a new set of hub stats now you are on interleaving
0 Ratings