cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andylong42
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Question on Usage

I have BT Infinity Option 2. I dont download movies etc or use P-2-P (I used to but havent for a while!), however I am using Skyplayer heavily now that I have a nice fast connection. Does anyone know how much data would be used watching a movie on Skyplayer at the highest quality?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Question on Usage

Now that there's a usage meter, note the value, watch TV for an hour and then note the new value.

For iPlayer I usually reckon it's about half a GB per hour.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Warhammer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 15

I thought the usage meter only updated once a day at midnight.

0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 15

It does only once per day Smiley Happy

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 15

@andylong42 wrote:

I have BT Infinity Option 2. I dont download movies etc or use P-2-P (I used to but havent for a while!), however I am using Skyplayer heavily now that I have a nice fast connection. Does anyone know how much data would be used watching a movie on Skyplayer at the highest quality?

Hi.

I believe Skyplayer HD is about 1.5GB per hour, and half that for standard definition. I believe that skyplayer is a p2p application and that you would also incur uploads too.

0 Ratings
thesimo
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

what is this BT usage checker? Is it an onlne thing? I will be getting infinity option 2 soon, and although I figure I'm "unlimited" i don't want to get too crazy, just because i don't want to get my speed restricted. I have 2 macs, a windows 7 machine, 2 iPhones all on my wireless so its impossible to track usage with a computer based tracker.
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

No but the BT bandwidth checker is server based so includes all countable traffic

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

thesimo
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

so how do i access it? Is it a feature in the hub?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/WHERE-IS-OUR-USAGE-MONITOR-BT/td-p/35371/page/21

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spacepilot
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 15

it is a pity that Bt have seen fit not to add a link or any kind of guide about its FUP or usage monitor, despite a few threads requesting it..

O'h well Christmas is coming

welcome to the world of last wednesday week.

there's now't wrong with 2 cans and a piece of string. at certain times, it is often faster.

0 Ratings