cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
strontium90
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Question on resetting snr

In the past I have had lots of problems with DLM and a high snr...in the end I bought a Netgear DG834G and adjusted my own snr as I had waited months and the mods here seemed powerless...however, my sister, who has talktalk has been having probs and I notice from their forums, that talktalk can have your snr reset and DLM turned off, within 24hrs...why can't BT do this...they are a customer of BTwholesale, same as TT?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Question on resetting snr

not really true T T are not BTwholesale customers they are an LLU provider and the mods can get snr's reset they have done it for me last year
0 Ratings
strontium90
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Sorry to differ, but in most non LLU exchanges, TalkTalk ARE BTw customers (they own the line) and in 2009, wholesale let them introduce a scheme (which they trialed first) to allow customers to "opt out" of DLM...I haven't time at the mo to look it up, but I assure they can do it...pretty sure AAISP are the same...

DLM is overused by BT retail as it helps them manage capacity as throughput is restrained.

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

I think you'll find that TalkTalk cannot do that (turn DLM off).  If you look on the TalkTalk Members Forum's then your best bet is to ask OCE_Ady. The Admin's on their forum's can reset your SNR, although BT wholesale won't let TalkTalk have DLM turned off, trust me I have tried, which is why I moved to BT because they can do more things.  People say that its all fair and equal but in all honesty BT Openreach and Wholesale are more willing for BT Retail.  Bit like I am now speaking to the area manger in Openreach to get my phone fault fixed, whereas TalkTalk's CEO department were about as good as BT's 2nd Line help team.

0 Ratings
Eamdad
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I hope with the investment on FTTC/P the DLM will be fased out like the fair usage policy 😄

0 Ratings