cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: Question re cabinets

you are only moved to the fibre cabinet when you order fibre (infinity) service not automatically also your landline remains at the old cabinet and the fibre cabinet is linked back to it

As explained, I was and remain a fibre customer for the last 3 years. I was on a (further away) fibre cabinet as was my phone line, but the line moved to the new cabinet and the fibre connection didnt.

also you were told incorrect information it is Openreach who tell the ISP's when a cabinet is available to provide service you are not moved to a nearer cabinet

I would tend to agree with this.  But it shows the lack of knowledge on the behalf of their engineers, as it was the engineer who called and told me that

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

I am a BT customer. This query is for a second property I own via another provider.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

Openreach do not move lines to other cabinets as the network does not allow for that  as already been posted 

No, the network over which fibre broadband is provided is bespoke, and all premises are served from dedicated fixed distribution points. Many lines are connected via their own overhead or underground link to a nearby green telephony cabinet. There are no interconnections that could be used to move a line from one cabinet to another.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 16

This forum is for BT Infinity only, not via another provider.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

According to Openreach you can not be moved to a different cabinet.

There is another cabinet nearby that is already accepting orders, can I get fibre broadband from there instead?
No, the network over which fibre broadband is provided is bespoke, and all premises are served from dedicated fixed distribution points. Many lines are connected via their own overhead or underground link to a nearby green telephony cabinet. There are no interconnections that could be used to move a line from one cabinet to another.

http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/faq/

I noticed this myself on the openreach site but it makes no sense.  My neighbour who is further away from the new cab is now connected to the new cab for phone and 70 mb broadband.  They were never able to get that speed before as like me they were on the old cab 4.  So residential properties in this vicinity have indeed had there connections moved to this new cabinet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

@Pauli363 wrote:

I am a BT customer. This query is for a second property I own via another provider.

Only your ISP for the property you are asking about can deal with Openreach. This forum can not help you regading other ISPs. 

0 Ratings