Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Question re time of connection since cabinet upgrade

Greetings All,

Apologies if this is the incorrect posting of this topic.

My green cabinet has recently been upgraded to FTTC/Fibre enabled. When I check the openreach website, it states taking orders for fibre. Even the BT website states I can get BT Infinity, speeds between 60-80mb.

However, when I call BT to upgrade my boardband to fibre, they state that even though my cabinet has been upgraded, the telephone line to the house needs upgrading in order to get fibre.

My question is, how long after a cabinet has been upgraded can you get fibre? In the past I could check the statues of my cabinet via the openreach website but as far as I'm aware, I cannot check when telephone lines from the cabinet to my house will be upgraded.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards

Khan84

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Question re time of connection since cabinet upgrade

I presume you are a BT phone customer and presently have your broadband with BT?

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

Yes, I'm a BT landline/boradbane user. Please see attached.

Regards

Khan84

cabinet.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

the dslchecker does not show any FTTC available to you yet but the cabinet was estimated to go live in November 2017 maybe just not quite ready 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

@Khan84

Only FTTP on demand is available at the moment. There is of course, normal ADSL2+ available.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently on 10mb-17mb max, I don't think I can get anything faster?

Also, what does FTTP on demand mean? Can I order separatly?

Regards

Khan84

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

You can order FTTP on Demand but it is primarily aimed at business users.

Very basically, you have to pay for a survey to establish what is needed to install the fibre to your house and there after you are told the cost of installation. It has relatively expensive monthly costs.

See links

Wholesale costs. It will cost more to the consumer

https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGguc...

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/10/openreach-unveil-new-uk-pricing-fttp-demand-ultrafast-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@Khan84 wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm currently on 10mb-17mb max, I don't think I can get anything faster?

Also, what does FTTP on demand mean? Can I order separatly?

Regards

Khan84

Its really for businesses, see

Prices for 2018

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Thanks you all for your response. I'll wait for the consumer fibre, don't think I can afford business pricese.

Out of curipsity, how would you order on demand for house usage if this is aimed at businesses?

Regards

Khan84

0 Ratings