Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Questioning if I am being capped on P2P

Dear support,

When I got my infinity back in September, I checked and was told I would not be capped for usage or how I use my connection, including using P2P. Now until tonight, no issues, but I found it was running slowly, so I did a Glasnost test and these are the results. I also notice the logo in MyBT looks different.

Just want to point out, my contact only started in September 2013, so after the Feb 2013 changes.

Can I get some confirmation?

Results for your host (host86-128-84-172.range86-128.btcentralplus.com - 86.128.84.172):

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your uploads.

Details:

* Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent uploads. In our tests, uploads using control flows achieved up to 15142 Kbps while uploads using BitTorrent achieved up to 997 Kbps.

* Your ISP appears to rate limit uploads on port 6881. In our tests, uploads on port 6881 achieved up to 15142 Kbps while uploads on port 36957 achieved up to 993 Kbps.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

Your ISP appears to rate limit your downloads.

Details:

* Your ISP appears to rate limit your BitTorrent downloads. In our tests, downloads using control flows achieved up to 18473 Kbps while downloads using BitTorrent achieved up to 237 Kbps.

* Your ISP appears to rate limit downloads on port 6881. In our tests, downloads on port 6881 achieved up to 18473 Kbps while downloads on port 36957 achieved up to 236 Kbps.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Questioning if I am being capped on P2P

It would appear that your connection is being throttled. The moderators have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi Kendjin,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with your details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I cannot seem to find the email form in your profile. Only contact us is the global Bt contact form?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Click on his name and it should be here

Contact.jpg

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Ah my bad, it would seem when I clicked on the profile, I was no longer logged in.

Got it now, thanks gg30340

0 Ratings