Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johntripp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 17

Quickest way to request ADSL DLM reset to 6dB

Go to solution

Hi,

I've had some interference problems recently and have removed extensions, replaced the faceplate, etc - so I just want my DLM profile to reset. I appreciate I can wait the 14 days until it trains back, but is it possible for one of the mods to request an immediate DLM reset back to a 6dB profile for me please as I'm currently on 500kbit down with a >30dB SNR margin and my connection is basically unusable.

Thanks,

John

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: Quickest way to request ADSL DLM reset to 6dB

Go to solution

can you post the adsl stats from your router please  usually 3/5 days stable connection on adsl/adsl2 is enough for noise margin to start reducing after line problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johntripp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Stats are below (summary from a TP Link TD-W9970, but were no different when using my Home Hub after making the changes).

With my previous ISP I was reliably getting 15Mbit down.

Thanks,

John

2.png1.jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution
You are in a banded profile due to your previous problems causing disconnection this should start to release automatically in 3/5days provided connection stable
Internet connection time is miss g from the tplink stats you postrd

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
johntripp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way to accelerate this: the connection is unusable unless it gets better.

John

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

unless your connection is stable( hence the request for internet uptime) it is pointless manually getting you out of the banded profile which will just happen again   however if you have 3+ days uptime then can see if mods can help

0 Ratings
johntripp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Hi,

OK - thanks. I've only had the connection up since this morning as I had been trying various infrastructure configurations to see if anything improved things - not realising that the act of taking things up and down would itself make the situation worse. 

While I understand if there's a line problem, then resetting will be ineffective and things will revert back - I  was just hoping a manual reset would be possible as the current connection is so unusable.

Thanks,

John

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

as I said the mods can help getting you out banded profile but unless stable connection you will be back in banding in no time  after mods contacting you there is still 2/3 days before your request will reach top of inbox and your conenction could well have improved by then - again but on if stable connection 24/7

0 Ratings
johntripp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution
OK - thanks again.

Apologies if my questions seemed dumb: I've not needed BT to do anything before and my last ISP would make changes on request. 3dB, fastpath and Annex M - happy memories.
0 Ratings
johntripp
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi,

As requested, I've kept the ADSL connection up since starting this thread. There has been a bit of movement in the SNR margin in the correct direction, but the connection has remained banded at 0.25MB down, which is unusable. There /has/ been an occasional forced resync every few days - never more than once a day and nothing for over five days now.

Is there any way to accelerate the removal of the banding? Upthread the suggestion was 3-4 days of stability would be sufficient, but this hasn't been the case.

Current stats: 

Upstream actual 888 kb/s, max 888 kb/s, SNRM 13.6dB, attenuation 14.5 dB, errors 0

Downstream actual 283kb/s, max 14248 kb/s, SNRM 24.8 dB, attenuation 24.5 dB, errors 0

System uptime: 17 days 04:35:01

Last PPP renegotiation 2018-07-05 09:13

Thanks

0 Ratings