Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattW92
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Quidco Cashback Declined

Go to solution

Hello,

We signed up for BT on 21/03/2017 after moving into a new build property in February 2017, after weeks of frustrating problems with BT OpenReach. The Quidco cashback rate at the time "for new customer Infinity Broadband, Calls & TV" was £160, which was one of the key deciding factors for us choosing to go with BT and not another provider. Unfortunately due to issues with the BT system and the fact our property was a new build it seems our order was messed up, as it ended up going through a back-up order system apparently. Even though I completed my order entirely online, albeit through the back-up order system, the cashback did not track. It took just over a week for customer services to sort out the technical issues and a lady in BT customer services had to manually replicate my order in the correct order system, or something along those lines, but she said the order number and order date would be the same, so it shouldn't affect Quidco and the Mastercard offer. Subsequently the Mastercard was a minor issue as when I initially tried to claim it it was a lower amount than it should have been, but that was quickly sorted out by customer services and the correct value card sent.

Back to the Quidco issue, on 30/03/2017 I made a non-tracked claim through Quidco (Quidco Claim ID.: 2646602) which on 14/06/2017 was declined by BT with the following message:

"Hi,

We are writing to you about your cashback claim, as we have now had a response from the retailer. 
Unfortunately, on this occasion your claim has been declined because the retailer was unable to find a valid order on their system with the details you provided on your claim. This could either mean that the details on your claim were incorrect, or they were unable to find the details in relation to Quidco. It is important when submitting a claim that all the details provided are accurate as, if not, this can result in your claim being declined. 
Unfortunately, as the retailer has declined this claim, we will not be able to challenge this further. 
I do apologise for any disappointment caused. 
Kind regards, 
Support Team"

I took screenshots of the entire ordering journey, from clicking through on Quidco to the order confirmation screen.

As you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating as it is likely down to the fault of the BT order system. Any help the Mods can provide would be much appreciated!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NeilO
Message 2 of 7

Re: Quidco Cashback Declined

Go to solution

@MattW92 Thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having difficulty claiming your cashback. If the order had to be replicated and entered manually it unfortunately wouldn't have tracked correctly as the original order would have been cancelled as part of that process. Did you provide Quidco with the second order reference when you entered the missing cashback claim?

0 Ratings
MattW92
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@NeilO Hi Neil, thanks for replying so quickly! Well the order numbers were:

21/03/2017 - After intially placing the order online:

Sales Reference: ************

Order Reference: ************

22/03/2017 - After customer services replicated the order: 

Sales Reference: ************

Order Reference: ************

If I'm honest, as it was almost 3 months ago, I can't remeber exactly which number I provided on the Quidco form, as it was all a bit confusing which number to put in.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@MattW92 No problem, I've removed the references as this is a public forum and it's best keeping those private. I think you would have needed to provide the second VOL ref to Quidco and let them know the order had been replaced by BT.

If you're making no progress with Quidco please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll ask our cashback team to look at this. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
MattW92
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

@NeilO Ah fair enough, thanks!

Thanks for you assistance so far Neil, I have completed the form and submitted it.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @MattW92 I called earlier and left a short voicemail message. I just wanted to confirm that the cashback has now been arranged and should be in your account in the next 30 days. 

Please post back and let me know if you do not receive it in the next 30 days and let me know and I'll chase for you.

Thanks

John

MattW92
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 , sorry I missed your call on Saturday. Thank you so much for all your help sorting this out, I really appreciate it!

0 Ratings