cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
me72green
Message 1 of 4

Quiet test radio interference

Been having problems with my internet speed, its currently at 0.48 up and about 0.55 down with the router plugged into the master socket behind the face plate.

I carried out a quiet line test and could hear in the backround a radio show. Not sure which one though!

I called the BT fault report line and explained this and they carried out a line test.

They called back and informed me that they have tested the line between the house and the exchange with no fault found.

To send an engineer out would cost me the standard call out charege of about £126. 

I was not happy with this so he said he would book an engineer and if he found no fault or the fault was at my end then i would be charged. Not really willing to chance this as its a lot of money.

Anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Quiet test radio interference

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket Test Socket.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a slight hum  if you can hear the radio on the test socket  then  it is BT's responsibility if it is on the extensions then it is your responsibility to fix 

0 Ratings
me72green
Message 3 of 4

Thats exactly what i am doing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

ok as you are in the test socket and you can hear the interference there then the problem is on the BT network and non chargable
0 Ratings