Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnnycabaret
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

RF loop through

Go to solution

I have just installed my new BTYV box. My previous BT Vision box had an rf output which allowd me to watch tv (the same channel) in another room (ive run a coaxial cable into my "room for making food" this forum will not allow me ty post the word kit**en). On the BTVision box I had to "tune" the rf output in the settings mode to allow me to watch TV in the room for making food. I could only watch the same channel as i was watching in the main room and had to change channels in the main room etc... it was just a mirror image of the main tv.

I cant seam to get this working on the new BTYV box. Is this even possible. Tech help says it isnt and looking at forums and manuals it looks like the RF Loop Through command is only there to allow your main tv to watch freeview channels when your BTYV bos is swithced off (why would you do that)

john 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
barnpiece
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: RF loop through

Go to solution

Under the Settings menu and Device Management, you need to have RF Loop Through turned on and also Eco-Mode set to LOW (quicker startup but more power used in standby).

You also need Eco-Mode LOW if you wish to use the Android App to set recordings from your tablet.

If the box is switched off then there is no Loop Through at all.

Richard

0 Ratings
johnnycabaret
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

thanks richard....i have tried all that but it does not seam to work on my other tv.

i take it you can definatley view the same channel on two tvs like you could do with btvision

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

The RF out on the Youview box only allows you to daisy-chain a single aerial feed to another device or just on to your TV.

You  can't transmit' the currently watched channel out of the aerial connection to another tv.

0 Ratings
voice_of_reason
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

As others have said, it's not a modulated RF output, so you can't use it to 'feed' the picture to another TV. However, if you simply get yourself a cheap RF modulator (£15-ish) and plug the SCART output from the YouView box into it, you can then plug an RF output from the RF modulator into your second TV and it'll work fine. This is what I do to feed a TV in an upstairs bedroom (the YouView box is downstairs in the living room) and it works perfectly.

0 Ratings
johnnycabaret
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

great news about the rf modulator. will buy one of these and sort over the weekend

0 Ratings