Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevemac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

RNIB Emails not getting through?

Go to solution

Hi,

My wife is registered blind and receives a daily email from the RNIB. Until this week. The RNIB advise they have received complaints from other members and there is a BT issue which they have raised with the co. but BT don't seem willing or able to resolve. Anyone else have know anything about this?

thanks,

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: RNIB Emails not getting through?

Go to solution

If you have a quick look through this forum you will see there are many complaints of a similar nature which have been ongoing for a lengthy period of time. There has been no official response to the problem which is perceived to be due to the over zealous spam protection of the new email provider for BT, Openwave.

Edit: Openwave don't appear to have grasped that there are many legitimate organisations that send multiple emails to BTinternet.com recipients.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@stevemac1 wrote:

Hi,

My wife is registered blind and receives a daily email from the RNIB. Until this week. The RNIB advise they have received complaints from other members and there is a BT issue which they have raised with the co. but BT don't seem willing or able to resolve. Anyone else have know anything about this?

thanks,

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear about the issue affecting you and others for the RNIB, as well as others who have reported simliar issue.

To the mods, it's about time this was acknowledged properly and fed back to end users - and what you are doing about the shocking outfit that are Openwave. It has gone on too long, and saying nothing helps no-one.

aoxm84
Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Can't believe I'll say it but... bring back Yahoo! Openwave appear to be even more incompetent than Yahoo. For all its security faults, at least Yahoo did not reject large amounts of legitimate email for no reason.

(Yes, Yahoo still handle webmail for some accounts, but all incoming email is handled, and often incorrectly rejected, by Openwave).

0 Ratings
stevemac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks to all for your comments....this only started happening this week so assume some kind of "update" is responsible. Hopefully BT are onto it..... 🙂
0 Ratings
stevemac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

OK so no email again today. Any suggestions who I should contact to complain? I started withe the bt "interactive" help yesterday however they seemed more interested in confirming I was who i said i was rather than in the problem...and i don't have the time to sit at my computer waiting for them to respond.

Grateful for any contact details anyone can suggest.

Thanks

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hi stevemac1,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry for this problem you're having.  Send us over your details and we'll help you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see our contact link.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
stevemac1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

Hopefully now sorted. The emails got through yesterday and today, and RNIB emailed to say that BT have advised the problem (I assume over sensitive spam filtering at ISP level?) has been resolved.

Thanks to whoever!

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi stevemac1,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry for this problem you're having.  Send us over your details and we'll help you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see our contact link.

Cheers,

Robbie

Right, now this has been fixed - how about a full explanation ?

You really need to explain what the cause was and why Openwave were doing it in the first place.

Do the right thing and be transparent about the fault that could have caused serious anxiety and other issues. Does the CEO know that this has been happening ?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

The moderator offered help on 14.09.15 and the OP posted on 15.09.15 that the problem was fixed. Due to the moderators presently taking up to five working days to reply to the request for help once it is in their work stack I doubt that they have intervened in this problem and he will probably have had no bearing on this problem being resolved. 

0 Ratings