cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

RUBBISH BT service!!!!!

I REGRET VERY MUCH TO HAVE CHOSEN BT!!!!!!!!!!

If you have the same experience as me, you will be as angry as me. I ordered an unlimited broadband package from BT ~20 days ago. I will describe my experience in a time order.

30.07: The hub was posted to my home on 30 July, as promised. But I found it didn't work. 

31.07: Then I tried to contact 08001114567 on 31 July, but it always told me to wait but no one answered. 

01.08: I took one day off and called them at 10am (as suggested, 10am-6pm is better). After long time waiting, finally got one technical guy to answer the phone. After maybe 1.5 hour's trying, he could not fix it. He promised he will try to figure it out and would call me back in 24 hours.  

02.08: NO CALL back at all. I had to be off of work again and called then at 10am. After 20 min's waiting, finally got some one and transferred to one technical girl. She spent around 2 hours, still couldn't solve it. She first suggest it must be something wrong with the hub, but I used my neighbor's hub, the same problem. In the end, she promised she'll give me solution and call me back in 2 hours, but NO CALL at all!! 
Then I contact them at 4pm again, complained I was very angry about their service and provided  two options:
ONE is to send one engineer to my home to help (which I have insisted many times);
THE OTHER is to cancel my order and get refund and complement of my wasted time. He refused the first option, said it would cost me £90 to get an engineer. How rediculous! What's the reason for my paying for this? Then he said to transfer the line to cancel my order, but I was waiting on line about half an hour, no one came to answer!

03.08-05.08: I kept trying to contact the number. Always waited more than half an hour, only one time was answered, and promised to call back, but as usual, nothing happened.

That's the whole story. I am fed up with this rubbish service. But the thing is, even I want to cancel the order and get complement for my suffering, I couldn't find a way to do it. So I have no choice but put my complaint online. 

If some one is thinking to choose BT, I will definitely tell them:
BT service = RUBBISH!
BT service = RUBBISH!
BT service = RUBBISH!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: RUBBISH BT service!!!!!

Now it still doesn't work after frustrating contact to the **bleep** phone service. So I'd rather quit the service.

What I was told is that I have to pay for around 310 pounds for that (my contract is 18 month). I totally understood that one should pay some money if he cease the contract before the fixed time. But for my case, it was because BT couldn't offer their service, then I chose to quit. How should I pay for this money? Who should pay for the time I have waisted on the **bleep** service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I am begging for solution of my suffering. Thanks a lot.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Just a few questions so that we may be able to help you. I presume it is broadband and not Infinity that you have.

How do you know the Homehub doesn't work?  

Are you sure you have set it up correctly?

Have you checked all the connections and fitted the filters as per the instructions?

What happens when you switch the Homehub on?

What colour of lights are showing?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks a lot. Finally an engineer came to my home and solved it. All my setup was correct. He found it is because of some exchange problem outside my house. So I was not charged. Thanks god. Why didn't they send an engineer come to my home at the beginning?!

To be honest, if I have any chance to quit without any penalty, I wil avoid BT for the rest of my life. But it seems I have to stay in it. 

0 Ratings