cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sammo02
Message 1 of 7

Radlett Exchange - Cabinet in front of my house - why can't I get faster broadband?

Hi all 

Any advice with this would be appreciated. 

Despite my telephone exchange accepting orders and a green cabinet being installed in front of my house and a person who lives around the corner from me being able to order it - I cannot get BT Infinity. 

There's no way I am too far away from the cabinet, we're talking less than 50m away. I've done all the online checkers etc... 

I've waited patiently BT to offer this service and put up with a slow connection for long enough.  I want someoe who isn't a phone monkey and can understand English (let alone my problem) to answer my questions. 

Does anyone know the best place to start? Or have successfully solved a similar problem?

I live in an urban area within the M25, it's a bit of a joke that I can't get decent broadband.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Radlett Exchange - Cabinet in front of my house - why can't I get faster broadband?

welcome to the forum  this is a customer help customer forum and your posts do not go direct to BT  the forum mods are bt employees and will read your post eventually

can you enter your phone number and see what it sats for fttc  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 7

Re: Radlett Exchange - Cabinet in front of my house - why can't I get faster broadband?

The best place to start is see what the checker says: www.dslchecker.bt.com
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
sammo02
Message 4 of 7

I've done all the online checkers (below). After a pointer so I can talk or email someone in BT who knows what they are doing if anyone knows one. Thanks for replying though.

Telephone Number 01923 on Exchange RADLETT is served by Cabinet 

Available ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date

Featured Products

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 3.5--2 to 6Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 3.5Up to 0.52 to 6Available
ADSL MaxUp to 2.5--1.5 to 5Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage. Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 31-Dec-2013. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2013.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 7

FTTC is not available at your cabinet. This is because your cabinet has not been upgraded.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

if you have a new green cabinet installed beside existing cabinet then from reading posts on the forum the FTTC availability shown by the checker often disappears before the cabinet goes live.  that may be hope provided it is a new  cabinet installed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Are you sure that you are fed from that PCP (Cabinet)?There is normally a number on the front somewhere, if you compare that with the results of your availability check.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings