cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Random disconnections vdsl

Hi all I’m starting to really pull my hair out with bt at the minute. We used to have a rock solid infinity 1 connection then we upgraded to infinity 2 but a few issues lead us to downgrading back to infinity 1 and since then our problems have occurred. Basically our internet drops off randomly. It could be connected for 2 hours or 2 minutes then just drop off. I have changed all cables, different filters, different router and the drop offs still occur. We have a old style bt socket and I’ve tried connecting to the test socket which hasn’t fixed the problem. Bt says no faults found on the line yet it’s now affecting my ip profile as the dlm sees a unstable line.

I’m using a smart hub and have tried using a hub 5a but problems still occur. I have been monitoring the smart hub and just before the disconnects happen it seems my upload max rate drops right down to 0

Please help.

https://ibb.co/e93qSF
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Message 2 of 10

Re: Random disconnections vdsl

Hi. I am have been having the same problems. My phone gets disconnected from 1-3hours at a time. I have BT infinity 1 . I have had BT engineers out to 4 times, 1st they tested the land line & didn't find any problem. Each time they called my phone & broadband was working ok. They put a new wall socket in & it still keeps disconnecting, I went onto BT chat their online help which was very helpful they sent a new BT hub5 . Then they organised an engineer to call with me the next day he was also baffled so he agreed with me to install a new phone line from the pole - my house so I'm waiting on them to call. I'm from Northern Ireland. Try the BT chat & im sure you will get sorted out.  Regards. Sam. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for replying I may end up doing that as every time I ring bt they say no fault found and they can’t send a engineer
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Ok so apparently there was a big fault which has now been resolved which affected a few people. My line is stable now but speeds have dropped down due to the constant disconnections. Can I have the dlm reset please.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Hatton920 and thanks for posting.

We can't reset profile on fibre. If the connection remains stable DLM will take action and will automatically raise the profile.

@Edenderry5504, Are you still having problems?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hi David, I know bt can’t remotely do it but Openreach can once a fault has been fixed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 10

Hi @Hatton920,

Thanks for getting back. A reset can only be requested by an engineer while on site. We cannot contact Openreach to request that.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks David.

We seem to have another fault now. Look at the upload

https://ibb.co/bZBXga
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Any noise on the line when doing the quiet line test by dialling 17070?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

No noise on the line
0 Ratings