Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iainvt
Beginner
Message 41 of 64

Re: Random disconnections

Hi there

I too suffer random and then again not so random disconnections. It happens when ever it rains, is misty or damp air. I have read somewhere that an external junction box? may not be water tight and needs replacing, has anyone had similar issues and can advise, the 57 minutes spent on hold awaiting a BT advisor led to immense frustration when I could not decipher a word that was being said!!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 64

@iainvt wrote:

Hi there

I too suffer random and then again not so random disconnections. It happens when ever it rains, is misty or damp air. I have read somewhere that an external junction box? may not be water tight and needs replacing, has anyone had similar issues and can advise, the 57 minutes spent on hold awaiting a BT advisor led to immense frustration when I could not decipher a word that was being said!!

If you are having a problem when it is wet or raining you need to report a fault to BT. It will require an engineer to check it out and repair any joints or junction boxes that are not water tight. Your disconnections will probably stop once that has been repaired.

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 43 of 64

Just had a new one, for me anyway.

I was wiped out for several minutes, no access to Internet or HH3.

When I looked at the Event Log there is nothing showing at allSmiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
bones85
Contributor
Message 44 of 64

Took me nearly 40minutes to get online this morning!!
0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 45 of 64

Is there no end to thisSmiley Mad

Why, if all the lights on the hub are on can I not log on to the HH3

What is going on.

I am still getting mail from BT suggesting I sign up for 'You View' - what a joke!

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 46 of 64

Other routers attacked?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/01/14/chinese_hackers_cripple_british_firms_internet_connections/

Sometimes it feels as though we are targeted and no explanation yet.

DavidCo
Expert
Message 47 of 64

I've just had a look at the event log and noticed that the 'BLOCKS' continue whilst my PC is shut down, so are not initiated by me at all.

0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 48 of 64

Just to add my self to this never ending list of people suffering disconnections.

I'm getting the same, random disconnections and I've tried a HH3 and two HH5's all exactly the same.

I've also noticed that the downsrtream SNR is dropping to just over 4dB at random intervals not just during the evening/night. Even resetting only brings it back to 5.something dB not hte 6dB it should be at.

0 Ratings
questor
Contributor
Message 49 of 64

SNR varying as you report does not sound good, though 5.8 or 5.9 is close to 6. Have you checked the phone line is quiet? (I think there is a phone tester on 17070 and you can select a quiet line test) any crackles would indicate a bad line.

There might be noise from your extension wiring or telephone(s) so if you can unplug them that might determine if they are causing noise.

Once you have ruled out your own equipment as being faulty then you can call BT (preferably from a different line) as a phone (not broadband) fault. Only when you are certain the phone line is good should you move on to checking the broadband.

0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 50 of 64

Just been discussing my issues with online chat. At this moment in time my downstream SNR is 5.3dB I'd expect it to be around 1dB higher tbh at this time.

Same old story, after conducting line tests my HH5 is not receiving all the signals from the exchange so they will send me another one!

This is the third HH5 I will have the current one has only been installed for a couple of weeks, either someone doesn't know what is going on or the HH5 is not reliable at all, which is it BT?

Oh well another HH5 on the way for me to try!

0 Ratings