Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidCo
Expert
Message 51 of 64

Re: Random disconnections

This issue is all over the place.

I'm on fibre so my phone is on a different line/split box etc.

Also total packet loss has been observed many times, HHubs reporting Blocks seemingly forever.

'tis a big one imo.

The silence from the mods says something too, waiting perhaps.

questor
Contributor
Message 52 of 64

I agree that the issue(s) is (are) all over the place.

I have been running one line through an ECI modem and r6300v2 that until a few days ago was rock solid until a few days ago when at  03:08 three nights in a row it disconnected.

This line is supposed to have a HH5 but does not so I wonder if there was a repeated attempt to try and do  something with the now missing hub? If so that might indicate that the system controlling HH5s has an issue rather than the HH5s themselves.

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 53 of 64

Looking at the IP's from the IN BLOCKS I was surprised at the amount of BT stuff that was blocked.

I know that IPs can be spoofed but others more knowledgeable than I here have confirmed these as BT.

In my experience of major BT problems they say nothing much, eventually fix it and roll out the solution.

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 54 of 64

Has anybody got a clue yet.

Issue still ongoing but no more responses

0 Ratings
astroman
Contributor
Message 55 of 64

Well..........for the last few days things seem to have calmed down a lot, only the odd dropout here and there which I can put up with. The regular half hourly drops have stopped, but why and what caused them I'm still clueless.

Nothing has changed my end so it's fingers crossed that it was a blip and it has sorted itself out.

I must say thanks to the Mods on here who have been very helpfull, it is much appreciated. I hope everyone else that is having this problem gets sorted soon. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 56 of 64

The issue persists, but as astroman said it has lessened somewhat.

On the other hand I have been trying to post for the last hour or so.

It has now come to the attention of El-Reg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/04/bt_home_hub_5_disconnection_mystery/

As we know it is not limited to the V5 hub.

Come on BT, finish installing the road-side fix.

0 Ratings
NoobSaibot
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 64

Can't believe this... So I'm not the only one. Although my net hasn't disconnected in ages now, almost 24 hours without a disconnect.

Maybe I've unwittingly removed the virus or whatever because I did remove this "software updater" thing...

0 Ratings
NoobSaibot
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 64

DavidCo

No m8 this was like some hacker attacking our routers or something

Took weeks for this to start happening... but my internet when shut down a lot for weeks and I would have to troubleshoot to get the SID to show up again (red x where it shows connection), but then rather just recently my computer started saying stuff like "No more threads can be created" and I couldn't open nor close nothing on my computer.

0 Ratings
DavidCo
Expert
Message 59 of 64

My 'roadside' remark was 'tongue in cheek'

Since then there has been another thread by me.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Random-disconnects-HH3/td-p/1238515/page/2

I still get disconnects but 'recovery' is quick, so I can live with them.

0 Ratings
2ndmouse
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 64

Don't be fooled by long periods of normality. In my case, there was minimal packet loss for 6 weeks, during which time I marked my tread as 'Solved' (unfortunately). It then returned with a vengence for about 2 weeks and has now been clear for a further 4 weeks.

Still an ongoing issue as far as I'm concerned, but I can't report anything until it happens again. 

ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ ˁ˚ᴥ˚ˀ
I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left

0 Ratings