Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superstarmac
Beginner
Message 1 of 46

Random line while watching Youview ultra box

has anyone ever experienced this?

I have tried multiple different cables and different ports on my Samsung UE65JS9000, and I still randomly get this line on my TV.

The line starts at the bottom, and works it way up, when scenes are moving quickly, the top half refreshes quicker than the second half, it comes every 1 or 2 hours and lasts about 5mins before it disappears 

i I have a 4K media player that works fine and have used the cable from that and I still get the same problem

is it a bad box?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

0 Ratings
45 REPLIES 45
NeilO
Message 2 of 46

Re: Random line while watching Youview ultra box

@Superstarmac Welcome to the forum, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll get this looked into. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
WantageWill
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 46

Hi

I had the very same (Or very similar) problem. I seemed to think it was a hdmi handshake problem, between the tv & youview box. I use a Harmony remote to control everything. I solved it by having the tv turn on before the youview box. And if my memory serves me right, i have the Samsung tv  to not quick start (Or whatever the setting is called).

0 Ratings
Billybear
Beginner
Message 4 of 46

Horizontal Line on Youview UHD box

Hi there, I am having problems with my YouView UHD box on my Samsung 50JU6800. Basically when watching TV after a while, a random horizontal line will appear which appears in the bottom third of the screen and then it will work its way up. The picture becomes out of sync with each other. The problem is fixed when I switch the TV on and off. I don't have this issue with my Apple TV 4th gen, my PS4 or any of the other Smart TV apps like Netflix, Amazon or YouTube.
0 Ratings
oscarbravo321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 46

Re: Horizontal Line on Youview UHD box

I have the exact same problem on my Samsung UE55JS9000 4K TV. It occurs after a period of viewing (after approx an hour or two of continuous viewing) but it has only happened if the BT UHD YouView box is the selected source. It seems to occur whether watching live TV, recorded TV or Netflix app through the BT UHD YouView box . The problem doesn't occur when watching the same things for the same time period using another source - i.e. we have never had the problem when watching using satellite box, Playstation, or Samsung TV tuner itself as source. Switching TV or BT UHD YouView box on/off, or switching to a different HDMI source and then back to the BT box HDMI source fixes the issue  - but only for another hour or two before re-occurring. Alternatively if you leave it, the line gradually moves up the screen taking about 15 minutes and once it gets to the top, the picture is OK again until it re-appears after another hour or so. I've tried swapping HDMI lead, and connecting the BT box to a different HDMI input, but the problem still always re-occurs from whichever HDMI input the BT UHD YouView box is connected to. I have phoned BT who will be sending out an engineer in two weeks' time, but expect the cause is some interaction between the BT UHD YouView box and the Samsung TV itself. The BT engineer is unlikely to see it unless he stays for an hour or two. I'm thinking of giving Samsung a call to find out if it's something they're aware of and maybe have a software fix. Has anyone else seen the problem with other TV brands? I'm worried that BT 

0 Ratings
oscarbravo321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 46

...... Has anyone seen this problem on another brand of TV apart from Samsung?   I'm worried that BT may charge me (£126 I think?) for BT engineer call-out if it's actually caused by the Samsung TV.

0 Ratings
patelc7
Contributor
Message 7 of 46

Hi

I am very sure this is a Samsung TV issue.  I am aware of many other Samsung users with the 2015 TV models that see the same thing.  Not seen on any other TV brand.  

Dont get a BT engineer.

call Samsung and log a fault.  They have been slow in taking it serioulsy, so more people report it the better 

0 Ratings
Jaket
Beginner
Message 8 of 46

Has anyone found a permanent solution yet? Tried asking Samsung but have had no response yet.
0 Ratings
oscarbravo321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 46

I have reported the problem to Samsung. First they told me to try moving the BT UHD Freeview Box from HDMI 1 to HDMI 3 (marked as HDMI (MHL) on my TV One Connect box). Two hours later the problem re-occurred. Phoned Samsung again, this time they told me to reset the TV and go through the TV set up again. Two hours later - same problem. So it looks like there's no permanent fix yet. I will try contacting Samsung again to find out if they have any permanent solution. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone else has made any better progress either with BT or Samsung.

0 Ratings
oscarbravo321
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 46

Did you mean using ECO mode on the BT box? In that mode it can take around a minute for the box to start up. Not really a permanent solution. Surely the handshake issue needs to be fixed by Samsung and the BT YouView UHD Box's supplier. 

0 Ratings