cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayebmx
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Random noise on line, and line stats don't seem to add up

I am connected via BT Infinity 2, and for some strange reason my line stats dont seem to be accurate AT ALL!? and random noise margin going up

We are heavy internet users running servers and uploading huge amounts of data on a day to day basis, however the line stats dont seem to accumulate for this, in reality i have probably uploaded roughly between 4-5GB, and downloaded well over 40GB this week, nevermind the 10 day period the router has been connected!

Also my SNR noise seems to be unstable, it keeps moving from 4-5 to 5-7

Any suggestions what is happening?

-Jaye.

Screenshot_1.png

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Random noise on line, and line stats don't seem to add up

SNR will vary depending on the amount of crosstalk or other sources of interference on your phone line. This will also reflect on the maximum data rate.

Line noise due to poor joints can affect it. An increase in interference will cause a drop in SNR, not the other way around.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

I would not worry about these variations in SNR, they are not unusual.

The home hub data count resets itself at a certain value, cannot remember what it is. It may be 4GB.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Random noise on line, and line stats don't seem to add up

As @Keith_Beddoe has said, ignore the data count as it doesn't matter anyway. Noise on the line is another matter and should be reported as a line fault, don't mention broadband.

0 Ratings