cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackthejock
Message 1 of 6

Range extender for Home Hub 3?

H iall,

I have a new Home Hub 3 fitted a couple of weeks ago.  All works well within my house but I have moved my office to the bottom of my garden (we're only looking at about 30 feet away).  I can get the wireless signal at the edge of the office but as soon as I go inside (brick building) it goes.  I just need something to extend the range of the HH3.  Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Jack

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
turtle37
Message 2 of 6

Re: Range extender for Home Hub 3?

HI,

I have exactly the same problem.  Just wandering if you ever found a solution.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

0 Ratings
G3NDI
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Some more threads on the same topic

Re: BT Wireless - what model signal booster should I get for my wireless network  on 3-06-2011
Re: BT HOME HUB 3.0 - WIFI BOOSTER  on 23-06-2011?

You could have a look at previous threads suggesting ways of improving the radio range using the HH 2
Re: BTHub2.0 - Need to extend the wireless range on 26-02-2011
and
Re: BT Wireless - what model signal booster should I get for my wireless network on 23-06-2011 ?

A Google search will also show various radio extenders.

Rodney Fry

0 Ratings
Amogill
Message 5 of 6

I have been searching and reading forums for over 12 months to find a range extender that will work with my BT home hub 3. I bought the Netgear WN1000RP. I got it from amazon £29.99 It plugs straight into the mains. It's brill it works and took me about half hour to set up, Now weather permitting, that is **bleep** I must admit its works out on the patio and all over the house. It's not a massive house but big. So it works at least 30meters away. I did learn to press the factory reset button first. Follow set up one. U will need your password. Press wap on the device then press and hold wap on the bt hub until all lights flash. If u have an Ipad or Iphone go to settings then look for your hub you will see netgear ext. click on that then follow the screen. You will need your password, once in you will see your hub but it will have EXT on the end connect to that and leave it on that always. Change to your hub when u like. Must admit the laptop did not want to connect because it picked the hub 3 better than the range extender. Hope this helps. Ive been really fed up that our iPads and phones stop working just going to the back of the house but very pleased now. If your like us I could not move the hub to the centre of the house because sky and everything is in the front room. Please let me know if this helps you too.

Amogill
Message 6 of 6

I had same problem with distance. I bought a netgear wifi booster model WN1000RP. Looks just like a small 3 pin plug, straight into socket, move it to a different socket until you get the best is signal.
Inexpensive very easy set up, works with bt home hub 3. WAP set up or online, I can now sit out on the patio and on the net.
0 Ratings