cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celtictricky
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Range with BT6500

We just purchased a new Quad pack of the 6500.  Our old Panasonic phone had after 10 years given up the ghost.

I went for the 6500 mainly due to its 300m range.  However, we have a phone in the workshop down the garden which is approx 45m away, and yet the signal does not reach.  This seems pretty poor?

Wondered if there is anything else I can try to resolve this?  I will try a different handset down there today, just in case but in the meantime I thought I would ask.

300m vs 45m does not even seem close to me?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Range with BT6500

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum.

The range will be dependant on external factors that may interfere with the signal.

To make sure you get the best range and reception from your handset, the BT6500 userguide advises "to avoid interference by placing the base unit away from large metal objects such as fridge freezers and microwave ovens or electronic products such as computers and TVs".

Could any of these be affecting the handset's range?

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Celtictricky
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi there, thanks for coming back to me. I don't believe that we have anything like this affecting the performance

We do live in a cottage which has thick walls, but I would expect a 300m phone to work over 20 or 40 metres. Once of the handsets regularly looses the connection wit the base, that can't be right.

It does seem very strange!
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 4

Hmm strange then, did you have any luck testing this with a different phone?

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings