Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avifec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Re: All my Net Protect Subscriptions expired

Go to solution

Similar happened to me. On 3/7/2016 I rang sales to renew my broadband contract and during the discussions I mentioned that I had had an email from BT which said that from the 3/7/2016 Net Protect Plus would be included at no extra charge with my broadband package (Unlimited Broadband Extra). Previously I had paid £3.70 per month for it and the salesman said he would have the charge removed from my account. The next day my Net Protect Plus stopped working and said that my subscription had expired. I tried to download it again but couldn’t because it no longer appeared on my “My BT” page I spent the next 3 days being passed back and forth between the customer options team and the broadband helpdesk before the helpdesk finally accepted ownership of the problem. Since then they have rung me back every 2 days to say they are still dealing with it. Today when they rang they said they would ring me back on Monday with an update, when I asked why 4 days delay they said that the contractors who do this work don’t work on weekends, I'm begining to wonder if they work on Mon to Fri. At one point a lady from the broadband support team said she has solved the problem and it would be working in 48 hours. I then received an email thanking me for my order for Net Protect Plus and the cost would be £3.70 a month. This order was cancelled by someone, I don’t know who, and I still don’t have any protection 15 days after my first complaint.

Can anyone from BT help me with this ongoing problem.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
NeilO
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

@avifec I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your Netprotect subscription. If you need any help please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username, regrettably we are really busy in the mod team at the moment so there will be a delay in our response time. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
avifec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your reply, I have sent you the details requested.

Cheers

avifec

0 Ratings
avifec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi,

Still no progress, the support helpdesk in India keep ringing me to say they have an update on my email problem even though my problem is with Net Protect Plus. Today they asked me my mobile phone number so that they can text me to say there is no update instead of having to speak to me. Can the mods do anything to help.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@avifec the same department deal with email and Netprotect faults and I'm sorry this is still ongoing. Regrettably the Mod team are really busy at the moment, I can see your details are in our email queue and we will be in touch when you reach the top of our list. 

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @avifec,

Thanks for taking my call today, nice chatting you again. I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you. Post back if you have any further problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
avifec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

My problem is finally sorted after a month. Progress started to happen about a week ago when Mod DavidM got involved, he kept me updated about what was happening and I had confidence that he was doing something which I didn’t have for the first 3 weeks when the helpdesk in India were dealing with it. He has even sorted the billing out, thanks again DavidM.

Regards

Avifec

0 Ratings
canondslr
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Things like this is what puts people off from signing up to BT,i thought there were going to be a lot more UK based help centers.Smiley Surprised

That is what i read & it persuaded me to join BT in july,a lot of forums are still complaining about the BT service.

Surely BT must see that all these forums complaining can,t all be wrong & is not doing their business any good?.Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

https://www.flickr.com/photos/james_bingham/
0 Ratings