cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulne99
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

Re: Apple tv app ?

from what i can make out from my last call bt BT is they have now  stopped any streaming form  your Iphone/ipad to your TV  via apple tv 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 2 of 18

Hello @paulne99,

Thanks for posting - I've moved your post into its own thread. We do still support AirPlay for streaming BT Sport content to your Apple TV, but there are a few restrictions depending on your account type. You can't use AirPlay or Chromecast if:

• You're a BT Mobile customer without BT Broadband or BT Sport on Sky
  • You have BT Sport as part of an EE mobile package
  • You have BT Sport as part of a BT Business package

Is there a specific problem you're having that I can help with?

Kind Regards,

Colin

Xrkt77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

I am a BT Broadband & BT Mobile customer.

Why can’t I stream BT Sport from my iPad Pro 2 on iOS 11.2.1 to my Apple TV 4K ?

0 Ratings
JohnGray
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

The message on my TV screen says ‘sorry, we do not allow programmes to ba played in Apple TV, Chromecast devices or second screens due to content rights’.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 5 of 18

@JohnGray You need the full version of the BT Sport app to all you to cast or airplay to your TV.  Is your BT sport service provided as part of a BT mobile or EE subscription?

0 Ratings
ColinB_Sport
Retired BT Expert
Message 6 of 18

Hi @Xrkt77

As @NeilO has mentioned, you'll need a regular BT Sport subscription to play content on Chromecast or Apple TV. It's possible that you've added on the mobile version of BT Sport when ordering your BT Mobile service and this would be what's causing it.

Hi @JohnGray,

This sounds like you might have AirPlay mirroring turned on?

Kind Regards,

Colin

0 Ratings
JohnGray
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Thanks NeilO - I have the full version, BT Broadband, BT TV, BT mobiles!  I have to own up to a serious senior moment - my Apple TV was not connected to wifi! I am not sure how it became disconnected, but this will be one of the first things I check in future!

0 Ratings
JohnGray
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Thanks ColinB_Sport.  Yes, at one point I did have Airplay mirroring turned on, you are quite correct.  As mentioned, I had something of a senior moment - senior meltdown!  My Apple TV was not connected to wifi.  I can't believe I did not check something so elemntary.  All working fine now!

0 Ratings
Xrkt77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

So to clarify I need to remove BT Sport from my BT Mobile Account. I should then be able to stream BT Sport onto my TV via Apple TV because I’m also a BT Infinity Broadband Subscriber ?
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 18

@JohnGrayNo worries I'm glad you got it sorted.

@Xrkt77 You should have been moved automatically to the full BT sport app when you got your BT Infinity Broadband, I'm sorry if this hasn't happened. If you send over your details on the 'click here to contact the mods' link we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings