cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmrozek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Arranging for "cap" to be removed from Broadband

My distance from exchange is about 180 meters. I am using the best modem (Vigor 130 - BT SIN 498 MCT Approved) from BT. The modem was installed by BT engineer and bought from BT Shop (BT Shop Order No SO0553****). I'm getting 42 Mb/s at the moment. Please remove ‘cap’ from my broadband. I would like to have 76 Mb/s again. I cannot watch 4K (HDR) films from Netflix, Amazon, SkyQ on 2-3 screens.

The Firmware Version: 3.7.9.3BT.
Download speed: 80 Mbps
Upload Speed: 20 Mbps
SNR margin: 5 dB

Profile name: 17a

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2013/chart-bt-fttc-vdsl2-speed-against-distance

edited bt mod (don't post personal details) Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

@pmrozek

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

There is no cap, you are connected at 80Mbs.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 4

@pmrozek wrote:

My distance from exchange is about 180 meters. I am using the best modem (Vigor 130 - BT SIN 498 MCT Approved) from BT. The modem was installed by BT engineer and bought from BT Shop (BT Shop Order No SO0553****). I'm getting 42 Mb/s at the moment. Please remove ‘cap’ from my broadband. I would like to have 76 Mb/s again. I cannot watch 4K (HDR) films from Netflix, Amazon, SkyQ on 2-3 screens.

The Firmware Version: 3.7.9.3BT.
Download speed: 80 Mbps
Upload Speed: 20 Mbps
SNR margin: 5 dB

Profile name: 17a

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2013/chart-bt-fttc-vdsl2-speed-against-distance

edited bt mod (don't post personal details) Smiley Wink

The only "cap" applied is a software one depending on which service you have purchased. Infinity 1 is 55/10 Infinity 2 is 80/20.

No matter which service you are on it depends on the speed your line can support. There are those who cannot reach over 55Mbps download on Infinity 1 but go for the bigger upload that they can achieve. Horses for courses.

Where did you get the stats you've posted as if you are using an Openreach modem unless unlocked you would not be able to see them.

Can you first confirm if you are on Infinity 1 or 2?

Then enter your phone number HERE and post a screenshot of the result (remove your phone number before posting).

Next run a speedtest HERE once the first test completes click on "Further Diagnostics" and post the result of that test.

We should be able to help you from there.

Edit Just noticed "Line Stats now displayed in Vigor router web interface"

0 Ratings
pmrozek
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thank you. I have Infinity 2. It is working now. The same setting on my modem like previously. My line is very good. The line was installed 8 months ago, and it is copper line installed. Last time my modem was connected 6 months – no errors.  I have disconnected my modem because I wanted to change my power socket in my brand new house.

0 Ratings