cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simpaul
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Re: Ask the experts Q & A

When two people fall in love and want to move in together but they both have BT contract can they join them together . at the moment BT staff are saying that the woman have to lose out on her contract of over £284 but she has only just started can you give me help
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

The information you have been given is correct.

If you have a BT broadband account and you are not in a contract you could stop your broadband once you have done that "the woman" could do a "House Move" and move her broadband contract to your address.

It would incur a cease fee for you and she would need to start a new contract. You may also need to change your telephone number.

See link about fees.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/contracts-early-termination.html

0 Ratings
simpaul
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Contracts and two people in love

When two people fall in love and want to move in with each other why does BT want to make it they saddiest moment ? It all about Contracts ! My Sister has been with BT for over 35 years and her New partner she is moving in with has been with BT for 36 years . So each year they have to have a new contract as this is what BT do . She move in and told BT and BT said she would lose out as he contract would have to be stopped if she was moving in to his home this is £284 pounds BT will gain . I was saddened That BT could treat long term customers in this way .

In the UK they is 90 million people and each day BT get 100 thousand calls of people asking BT to help with there Contract as they hope BT will do the right thing by not grabbing they money by shutting down the contract . Why not be kind by freezing the Contract or join the Contracts together . But No BT want to Grab the Money . IF BT can not be kind and work with its customers why not give this money to a charity . Just think 100,000 people time £284 pounds is 28,400,000 pounds each day . THAT A LOT

of money BT Grabs from the people that want to be with BT . What do you think is this right or is it wrong of BT ?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Re: Contracts and two people in love

Contracts are between BT and an account holder, the same as other Service Providers.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

BT are a money making business. They are quite rightly not intersted any people "falling in love". A contract is a contract and should be honoured by both parties. It is a business deal not a match made in heaven.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

break a contract and you have to pay cancellation charges simple as that you have no reason to complain
0 Ratings
simpaul
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

thank you for that I was told that this site was only run by BT workers and that's why the comments are on BT side but when I put the same question on Facebook I have a totally different answer over 700 people said they felt that BT was unfair in the way they dealt with people . I did ask other companies how they would have dealt with it and they had a totally different answer long-term customers should have the contract frozen so no one had to gain or lose out this is what a good company would do. already I know of 6 people including myself that will leave at the end of our contracts there is no way on earth that I would stay with BT at the end of my contract so I am pleased I wrote this because I was told the comments that come from this forum would be just as expected
0 Ratings
simpaul
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

Also thank you for your message as I have no place this on facebook and I am having record numbers of people saying how they are disgusted appalled that BT doesn't look after their long-term people and let's be honest what do BT do with a contract each year they just carry on there's no money not any effort it is just a criminal way of running a company by forcing people on a contract every year just a money-making racket
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

None of the people that responded to your post on this forum work for or have worked for BT so you are wrong with that piece of information.

If you got the answers you expected from posters on this forum then I pleased you weren't disappointed. The answers you were given on the other sites are obviously from romantics and not from realists. 

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

@simpaul

@simpaul wrote:
thank you for that I was told that this site was only run by BT workers and that's why the comments are on BT side
I know of 6 people including myself that will leave at the end of our contracts there is no way on earth that I would stay with BT at the end of my contract so I am pleased I wrote this because I was told the comments that come from this forum would be just as expected

yet again you are very wrong and posting false information

Your questions are primarily answered by other BT customers. The only employees on our community are the forum moderators and a few subject matter experts. We can easily be identified by our title underneath our username. The replies you will receive are from customers who's only intention is to help, so while we appreciate you have likely come to the forum because something has gone wrong and you are probably very annoyed, please don't take this out on members trying to help.

0 Ratings