Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: Ask the experts Q & A

@simpaul

@simpaul wrote:
Also thank you for your message as I have no place this on facebook and I am having record numbers of people saying how they are disgusted appalled that BT doesn't look after their long-term people and let's be honest what do BT do with a contract each year they just carry on there's no money not any effort it is just a criminal way of running a company by forcing people on a contract every year just a money-making racket

you do not have to renew your contract each year you just move to a monthly rolling contract

You obviously do not understand what a contract means a contract is a legally binding document break it and you have to pay

0 Ratings
simpaul
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

I am not disagreeing about a contract but like one of the men who put a comment on Facebook said a company who is monstrously wealthy like BT doesn't have to profit on people's downfalls or on good practice to keep customers. He runs a hotel chain and people quite often bring up wanting to change the date even though they have not paid for a cancellation charge but for good practice he accepts with good grace and kindness . as we well know six firms do not pay tax but they're not doing anything wrong also MPs who fiddled their expenses said exactly the same things . A contract yes is a contract what's a good company would understand and would want to keep customers but BT just does not care about customers hence the reason the only offer new customers a good contract how often do they offer a good deal when you're already in a contract but once again a good firm would. only just 4 days ago I was in a contract with M&S bank I had a loan I explained that I wanted to pay it back early but I was in a contract but they were quite happy to waiver the charges as I am a very good customer this is another instance of a good company companies who look after their customers because they do not need to profit. this is one of the reasons why I have had such a big reply on Facebook so many people feel that BT are not doing the right things I am sorry to believe that you do you think they're doing the right thing having love and care for people makes me feel good when I do good I hope one day you may do good for someone as well thank you for taking the time with your reply even though it wasn't the reply I wished
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

any business who act in the way you suggest normally only finds one thing happens to them they go out of business very quickly a business needs profit to maintain it operations

also please do not pre judge people as you do not know them and do not know what they do for others I personally find some of your comments very offensive enough said
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

I thought you said the couple were in love but now you talk about BT profiting from peoples "downfalls". I'm sorry to hear that romance didn't last long.

Most good hotels do not charge to book a room and therefore they do not charge if you cancel or change the date before the occupancy date so I don't think your hotelier is doing anything exceptional and in fact if he is charging to book a room before occupancy they could be seen to be profiteering by having the customer's money before giving the service.

Don't see what companies who don't pay tax or MP's expenses has to do with your post.

If you check the T&C's of M&S loans you will see that you can pay off a loan early as long as you give them 28 days notice and you will only be charged the accumulated interest up to the month that the loan is repaid, so there is no additional charges so M&S did not do anything special for you.

I have not said if BT are doing the right thing or not but I do know that like the information you gave in your posts you are totally wrong in all the unsubstantiated assertions that you have made about people on this forum.

0 Ratings