cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 2

Re: BROADBAND WORKING BUT NO DIAL TONE ON PHONE

I had no dial tone and reported fault. Told it was my phone equipment, that the line was fine. It wasn't. Next day reported no dial tone, again, long long wait on the mobile, gave up and emailed.Next day got a rude person I could not understand. Third day, no dial tone, phoned again, mobile bill getting bigger. Fourth day, no dial tone,eventually told I had to agree to pay engineer visit, accepted, then nothing. Sixth day, still no dial tone. Very upset, emailed again. Finally got another person asking me to agree to pay for an engineer if it was my equipment. I said we'd gone through that and what was happening? Still no date fixed. Emailed again, told they would have to fixe it within 7 days. Only a day left. Finally got a text then a mobile call from a sweet man who said he fixed the phone line. When I aasked why it had taken so long, he didn't know, only been given the job that afternoon. Furious I emailed BT again and said I was cancelling my direct debit until I got a reasonable refund for a whole week without a phone. Two days later told I would get £9 refunded but as I had cancelled my diect debit I would have to pay an extra amoubnt to set up a new one, or pay extra again if I paid monthly - either way I was penalised on every side. I had atrocious treatment and complete lack of communication and no phone for a week - any ideas how I can get a fairer result?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BROADBAND WORKING BUT NO DIAL TONE ON PHONE

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to look into what has happened.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings