cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: BT Cloud Backup - Deleting File on PC Doesn't Get Deleted on BT Cloud

Anybody know what I am doing wrong? I have over 6000 photos and 500GB of storage and only around 400 photps are backing up. Why?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Hi @breivom,

Welcome to the forums! What device are you trying to back up your stuff from? Have you followed the instructions here to choose what to back up? If yes, could you post a screenshot of your 'backup' tab (if you're using a PC / Mac)?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Iphone 7, but didn't work on my 6s either.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Tried the instructions too
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

IMG_0699.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

To make sure I've understood correctly, do you mean you have about 6000 photos on your iPhone, but only about 400 of them have backed up onto BT Cloud?

If so, here are some things to check:

1. Firstly, is it possible that the photos have uploaded but just aren't showing on the activity screen? Go to btcloud.bt.com and check if all the photos are there under the photo section.
  2. Secondly, are some of the 6000 photos duplicates of each other, or do duplicates of them already exist on other computers / phones that you've asked BT Cloud to back up from. If so, BT Cloud should skip the duplicates and only upload new content.

If the photos definately aren't making it onto BT Cloud and they aren't duplicates then it sounds like a problem you'd need to contact BT about. My advice would be to contact a mod using the link in their signatures, and post to let us know how you got on. It does sound like an odd one - I have lots of photos set to back up from my iPad and have never had an issue like what you're describing.

Good luck with it!

Joe

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I have contacted them. Just told a new release was due. One of my work colleagues also had the same problem, but he had an update last night and he too has an iPhone, but a 6 and his is now all uploading. Yes I have over 6000 and only that amount uploading and also can't see if I sign in to desk rop
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings